Free Consultation: (972) 836-2068Tap to Call This Lawyer
Eric Stephen Lafleur

Eric Stephen Lafleur

LaFleur Law Firm, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Eric is board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

University Of Texas
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Placeholder image for education.
Texas A&M University - College Station
B.S. | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude
Texas A&M University - College Station Logo
Professional Experience
LaFleur Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Practicing family law.
Lucio, LaFleur & Associates, P.L.L.C.
Practicing family law and criminal defense.
Assocaite Attorney
Chamblee & Ryan, P.C.
Practicing insurance defense.
Assocaite Attorney
Touchstone Bernays
Practicing personal injury defense.
Assistant District Attorney
Collin County District Attorney's Office
Felony Prosecutor
Assistant County Attorney
Grayson County Attorney's Office
Misdemeanor Prosecutor.
Board Certification in Family Law
Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
Professional Associations
Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar  # 24012988
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free forty-five minute consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Legal Answers
Q. In Texas, how old does a child have to be before their wants are taken into consideration?
A: At 12 years old, the judge has to listen to (but isn't bound by) a child's preference as to her primary residence. The judge may, but isn't required to, listen to the child's preference about possession schedules.

Her father shouldn't be telling your daughter that he's having to work to pay you. That kind of thing should be kept between the adults.
Q. My ex-wife (common law) filed for child support under the Uniform Interstate Family Support act.
A: You'll need to file a suit to establish custody orders in whatever State the children have been living in for the last 6 months. If they haven't been living in the new State for 6 months yet, you may still be able to file in the State they moved from. Contact a lawyer to assist you with this, since interstate proceedings really are not do-it-yourself issues.
Q. Got charged for an offense in another state, got dismissed and how I got a letter of suspension in Texas. How to fix it?
A: Assuming the Texas suspension is based on the Indiana arrest, you'll need to ask an Indiana attorney. The states have a mutual agreement that, when one suspends a driver's license, the others will reciprocate. So if the suspension is originating from something in Indiana then the problem will have to be addressed there. and the fact that the charge was dismissed might not be determinative. for instance, in Texas if you were arrested for DWI and the charge was later dismissed, your license would still be suspended by DPS if you refused to take the breath test when you were pulled over.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
700 Central Expy. S.
Ste. 400
Allen, TX 75013
Telephone: (972) 836-2068
Fax: (972) 468-9551