Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII GoldBlawg Search
- Mississippi College School of Law
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Coxwell Attorneys, PLLC
- Pulling Back the Curtain: Using RFI, NOE, UCC's , 22nd Annual Mid-South Conference on Bankruptcy , Memphis, TN
- I enjoyed speaking at the conference this year to my peers. The only thing I love more than taking a bite out of a banker and save someone’s home is teaching other attorneys how to do the same! The title of my session was “Pulling Back the Curtain…” I compared mortgage companies to the Wizard of Oz – who was no wizard – just a great trickster who hid his activities behind the curtain. You pull that curtain back and his power is gone! We need more attorneys equipped to fight the good fight and I’m determined to do my part to see that it’s done.
- The Intersection of Bankruptcy and Divorce Law , Family Law Update Seminar , Old Capital Inn, Jackson, MS
- Our bankruptcy attorney Frank Coxwell was one of the speakers at the Family Law Update seminar today. He was educating attorneys who handle family law matters on the ways that bankruptcy effects the divorce, custody and child support matters that they routinely handle. His presentation covered the methods these lawyers need to use to protect their clients when a spouse files bankruptcy and the ways bankruptcy can protect the spouse that owes support and marital obligations. The seminar was held at the Old Capital Inn on State Street in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Mortgage Securitization in Mississippi , 2012 Fall Community Enrichment Series , Millsaps, Jackson, MS
- Attorney Frank Coxwell presents an overview of today's home mortgage loans. He will provide information about the deed of trust, note, mortgage securitization, and various modification programs. There will also be discussion regarding why it is more profitable for mortgage companies to foreclose and what can be done about it.
- Mortgage Litigation in Bankruptcy , 20th Annual Mid-South Conference on Bankruptcy Law , Memphis, TN
- His presentation was centered around the tools and techniques lawyers need to know in order to sue mortgage companies in the chapter 13 bankruptcy cases they file for their clients. Bankruptcy lawyers are in a unique position to go after these mortgage companies and get their clients a modification and mortgage they can afford.
- 2008 Volunteer of the Year
- Mission First Legal Aid Office
- Mission First Legal Aid Office has named Frank H. Coxwell their 2008 Volunteer of the Year for his legal services and assistance provided to residents of Jackson, Mississippi, through the volunteer attorney program.
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Mississippi Association for Justice
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Graduate of Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Boot Camp
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 5th Circuit
- U.S. federal courts for the Southern District of Mississippi
- Free Consultation
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Foreclosure Defense
- Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Mortgage Litigation
- Consumer Protection
- Fair Debt Collection violations
- English: Spoken, Written
Websites & Blogs
- Frank H. Coxwell's Attorney Profile
- Coxwell Attorneys, PLLC Website
- Mississippi Consumer Help Blog
Contact & Map