Claimed Lawyer Profile
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- J.D. (2014) | LAW
- University of California - Los Angeles
- B.S. (2010) | BIOLOGY
- Activities: Minor in Political Science
- Sole Practitioner
- Law Office of Gil Lee Arbel
- - Current
- Represent clients on range of matters including family law, personal injury, contracts, civil litigation, and criminal defense.
- Deputy City Attorney
- Los Angeles City Attorney
- Served as lead counsel prosecuting criminal misdemeanor jury trials from inception to verdict for cases including domestic violence, DUI, and narcotics cases. Routinely assigned to work arraignments in criminal court which included plea negotiations. Prosecuted contested hearings, including motions to suppress evidence, motions to adjudicate guilt, and motions for discovery. Litigated victim restitution hearings and facilitated dispute resolution.
- Post-Bar Law Clerk
- Los Angeles District Attorney, Victim Impact Program
- Researched, drafted, and filed Special Circumstances Memoranda, Trial Briefs, Motions to Admit Evidence, Motions Opposing Admission of Evidence, and other legal motions and documents. Formulating legal arguments and drafting motions and responses to advance the district attorney’s case. Assisting in a thorough examination of evidence such as investigation reports and interview transcripts to establish the relevant facts and construct an accurate account of the event.
- Law Student Legal Extern
- Los Angeles District Attorney, Organized Crime Division
- Worked on cases involving complex litigation. Collaborated presentation of arguments for jury trials. Analyzed and summarized evidence reports, witness statements, event timelines, chain of custody reports, and police investigation reports. Researched statutes and case law relating to admission of evidence, privilege, expert testimony, Constitutional rights, sentencing, bail hearings, and other issues pertaining to criminal law.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I accept payment plans of monthly installments.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Contact & Map