Helen StolinasCriminal Defense and Immigration Lawyer in State College, PA
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence ...
- Middle District of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania
Attorney Helen Stolinas has been practicing in the field of criminal defense and trying cases for over 25 years. She has represented thousands of individuals in matters ranging in seriousness from summary and misdemeanor offenses, up to and including capital homicides.
Helen began her career in the Bradford County Office of the Public Defender, first as Assistant and eventually being promoted to Chief of that office. Helen became involved with the Public Defender’s Association of Pennsylvania, and served as President of that organization.
In January, 2016, Helen joined The Mazza Law Group, where she continues to practice Criminal Defense, as well as Immigration and Civil Litigation. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, as well as Federal Court in the Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania.
Another niche area of Helen’s practice is restoration of firearm rights in cases where an individual was wrongly committed to involuntary mental health hospitalization under Section 302 of the Pennsylvania Mental Health Procedures Act. The law provides for expungement of unlawful 302 commitments, and Helen has successfully litigated this issue on behalf of several clients.
Since joining the Mazza Law Group, Helen has had the opportunity to practice Immigration Law as well, with a focus on family-based immigration, student visa issues, and “Crimmigration”- assisting non-citizens in minimizing the impact of criminal charges.
Attorney Helen Stolinas is accepting new clients in the following areas:
Criminal Defense- Pennsylvania and Federal
Immigration and “Crimmigration”
Firearm Rights Restoration and 302 Expungements
Child Custody and Dependency
Protection from Abuse- representing Petitioners or Defendants
- Dickinson School of Law
- J.D. (1992)
- Pennsylvania State Bar  # 66738
- Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- ID Number: 66738
- Western District of Pennsylvania
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Juvenile Law
- Mental Health Commitments and Expungements