Iona Evans is passionate about helping people implement estate planning and legal strategies to maximize long-term results. Iona focuses her practice on advising clients with multiple assets and revenue streams to help them to minimize their tax burden and avoid potential liability. This work encompasses complex trust and estate planning, business structuring, and succession planning. Iona is also a skilled litigator who brings her considerable experience to bear in estate and trust-related conflicts to bring about efficient and satisfactory resolutions to complex problems.
Iona has over fifteen years of experience as an attorney advising clients, negotiating and drafting contracts, and fully litigating cases.
Before founding IMME Law, Iona worked for large law firms in New York City. She has represented clients including institutional investors, large corporations, privately held businesses, start-ups, and high net worth individuals.
Before becoming an attorney, Iona worked for a think-tank studying innovative start-ups and Fortune 500 companies to develop case studies and best business practices for Internet-related innovation.
• Estate Planning
• Trust Administration & Fiduciary Services
• Business Formation & Succession
• Complex Estate and Trust Litigation
• New York
• New Hampshire
• California (inactive)
• Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
• 2nd and 7th Circuit Courts of Appeals
• Boston University School of Law – Juris Doctor, Dean’s Distinguished Scholar
• University of New Hampshire – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Pre-Med, Minor in Philosophy with honors
• Law Firm Manual on M&A litigation, 2013
• Shadowy Shares: The Dark Side of Contingent Value Rights, Forbes.com, May 9, 2011
• Max-E-Marketing In The Net Future, McGraw-Hill, 2000 (researcher, contributor, and editor)
• Inns of Court
• American Bar Assoc