Free Consultation: (214) 302-8197Tap to Call This Lawyer
Isaac Shutt

Isaac Shutt

Dallas, Texas wills, estate, probate, fiduciary litigation attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Isaac Shutt focuses his law practice on Wills, Legal Trust creation, Probate Law, and help with Estates, primarily in Dallas County and Collin County Texas. He is passionate about assisting families with the necessary legal process to distribute property after the death of a family member. Mr. Shutt genuinely cares for every client and strives to make Wills, Probate, and Estate Administration as affordable and simple as possible.

Mr. Shutt’s Qualifications And Memberships:
Isaac Shutt is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.

Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, juris doctor, Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Member, State Bar of Texas
Member, State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trusts Law Section
Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
Member, Collin County Bar Association
President-Elect, Probate Section, Collin County Bar Association
Attorney ad litem appointment list in Dallas County and Collin County Probate Courts
Past President, Richardson Community Band
Concert Chair / Vice-President, Richardson Community Band
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce
Member, Richardson Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Richardson Alumni Association
Member, Murphy Chamber of Commerce
Personal Details About Mr. Shutt:
Mr. Shutt is a Christian and part of the community of Dallas Bible Church.

Outside of the law practice, Isaac enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and his three young sons, Dean, Vaughn and Duke. Isaac is also Vice-President of the Richardson Community Band. Other interests include woodworking, motorcycle riding, working on cars, traveling, and sports (especially the SMU Mustangs). Click here to read more about Mr. Shutt’s hobbies.

Mr. Shutt was raised in Wichita, Kansas. He attended Southern Methodist University for both undergraduate and law degrees.

Southern Methodist University
Southern Methodist University Logo
Articles & Publications
The Top Troubles with “DIY” Wills
Headnotes (Dallas Bar)
Speaking Engagements
Panelist, North Texas Probate Bench Bar
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar College
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collin County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24071203
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Shutt Law Firm uses Flat-Rate Attorney Fees for many Probate Cases and for Wills
Practice Areas
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Fiduciary Litigation
  • Guardianship
  • Power of Attorney
  • Wills
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My uncle adopted me as his son in 2008 in Turkey. And he was a US Citizen. Now he passed away and his wife kicked me out
A: Yes, you should hire a Dallas probate attorney as soon as possible. At a minimum, a probate attorney could research the probate court's records and then make recommendations to you for how to proceed.

If your father had a valid last will and testament, it's possible he gave everything to his wife through that will.

However, if your father had no valid will, then you would be an heir to your father's assets.
Q. Husband and wife die within a day, the wills left everything to the other. Is propety divided equally between heirs?
A: It depends on what the wills say. Sometimes wills contains "survivorship" clauses. If there is no such clause, then the default section of the Texas Estates Code says one spouse would have to survive the other by 5 days in order to be considered to have survived. So, under the default provisions of the Code, since they died within 5 days of one another, the assets would go to the alternate beneficiaries listed in the Wills.

This is a unique situation, so you should definitely seek out a law firm with lots of probate law experience. The bad news is that you'll need to hire a probate attorney to probate these wills. The good news is that many firms, like ours, offer a reduced rate when we do two probates at once. ... Read More
Q. Mother in law dies without will my husband also dies before affidavit
A: Assuming that your husband died after his mother, then you really should probate your husband's will. If you don't, then his heirs under Texas law inherit it's incredibly important for you to get a probate attorney to probate his will pronto. The process can take a while, so get a probate consult as soon as you reasonably can.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Shutt Law Firm, PLLC
522 Bishop
Richardson, TX 75081
Telephone: (214) 302-8197
Fax: (214) 382-9437
Monday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed