Ivan Raevski

Ivan Raevski

Top Bankruptcy and Divorce Attorneys.
  • Bankruptcy, Divorce, DUI & DWI ...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Top Bankruptcy and Divorce Attorneys. Reasonable prices and payment plans are available.

Divorce, separation, domestic violence, bankruptcy, debt relief, foreclosure defense, mortgage loan modifications, tickets, garnishment, child support, child custody.

Seton Hall University School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Seton Hall University School of Law Logo
McGill University
B.A. (2001) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Law Office of Ivan Raevski LLC
- Current
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar  # 021112007
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Foreclosure Defense
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. In bankruptcy (Ch. 7), how to I distinguish between something I own and something my father or wife own?
A: I don't think there is anything ambiguous about this. If your father owns the piano, it is his asset, not yours so it would not be in the bankruptcy estate. Doesn't matter if you are using it long or short term and the location of the item. It is another person's property and will not be involved in the bankruptcy proceedings.

That being said, I would not recommend doing the bankruptcy without a lawyer. It is a very technical process and if you get something wrong, it would be much more expensive to fix than having a lawyer do it right the first time. Most attorneys offer free consultations and flexible payment plans in these type of cases.
Q. Can I be forced out of my apartment now? I received a letter of termination by April 30 on my month to month lease.
A: at this point all evictions are suspended by order of Gov Murphy. It remains to be seen what happens in the future as the coronavirus pandemic unfolds
Q. I filed with the court a Family Part Case Information statement and now my wife lawyer want to have my case dismissed.
A: you need to send your wife's lawyer a copy of anything you file with the Court. I don't think they will dismiss the case based on this but the Court rules state that all documents must be served upon the opposing party or their counsel. So going forward you must follow the rules.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
246 Bridge St
Metuchen, NJ 08840
Telephone: (732) 410-4080