J. W. Vaughan, Jr., also known as "Jay", grew up in North Mississippi and in 1983 graduated from Calhoun City High School, where he was a leader (Class President, Mr. CCHS, Who's Who, Hall of Fame, Mississippi Beta Club President, American Legion Boys State), a scholar (Valedictorian, Star Student, Rotary Scholar, English, Science, and History Awards), and an athlete (football, baseball, tennis, and track letterman).
Mr. Vaughn attended the University of Mississippi, graduating with honors, and in 1988 received his undergraduate Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Insurance, Risk Management, and Financial Services. While at Ole Miss, he was active in several campus organizations and honoraries, was elected President of Gamma Iota Sigma Insurance Society, and was named Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities. In pursuit of his law degree, Mr. Vaughan next enrolled at the University of Mississippi Law School, where he served on the Law School Senate, worked as a summer law clerk in Memphis, TN, and obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1991.
After graduation from law school, Mr. Vaughan was admitted to the Tennessee Bar and worked with a Memphis law firm before opening his own law practice 1993. The Law Office of J. W. Vaughan, Jr. is a general practice law firm in the Memphis area with an emphasis on personal bankruptcy and debt reorganization under the bankruptcy code.
Mr. Vaughan has been a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Memphis Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section, and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys. The Consumer Business Review has selected Mr. Vaughan as "Bankruptcy Attorney of the Year" (multiple years) and "Bankruptcy Attorney for the New Millineum".
- University of Mississippi
- J.D. (1991) | Law
- Activities: Law School Student Body Senator; Phi Alpha Delta; Summer Law Clerk (Shuttleworth, Smith, McNabb & Williams)
- University of Mississippi
- B.B.A. (1988) | Insurance, Risk Management, and Financial Services
- Honors: Cum Laude; Who's Who Among American Colleges and Universities; Phi Eta Sigma; Alpha Epsilon Delta; Financial Planners of America Award; University Scholar; Jones Scholar; Clant M. Seay Scholar
- Activities: Gamma Iota Sigma Insurance Society (President); Sigma Chi Fraternity; Sigma Chi Fraternity Rush Committee; Intramurals
- Bankruptcy Attorney of the Year; Bankruptcy Attorney of the New Millineum
- The Editorial Staff of the Consumer Business Review
- Free Consultation
Free initial consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
(Contingent fees accepted on most personal injury cases)
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Payment plans available; custom appointments available.
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning