Free Consultation: (815) 562-4443Tap to Call This Lawyer
James G. Ahlberg

James G. Ahlberg

  • Family Law, Divorce, Workers' Compensation ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Illinois College of Law
J.D. (1978)
University of Illinois College of Law Logo
North Park University
B.A. (1974) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar  # 3122250
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations in Workers' Compensation, Social Security Disability and Legal Malpractice cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees in Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability cases.
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Workers' Compensation
    Social Security Disability
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Landlord Tenant
    Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
    Legal Malpractice
Legal Answers
Q. When to give resignation notice to avoid signing bonus clawback.
A: It would be best to wait until October 12 to give notice to eliminate the potential claim that you must pay back the bonus. Think of it as being paid $15,000 to work those extra few days.
Q. I am 16 with parents who are seperated and I want to move to another state with my dad.
A: You'll have to talk to your father and encourage him to begin court proceedings to change parenting time (formerly known as custody) and for him to petition the court to allow you to leave the state with him. I know of no way for you to begin these proceedings on your own.
Q. Can I kick my soon to be 19 year old out of my house? I am the parent and she does not help pay for anything.
A: If your daughter is 19, she is legally an adult. You can kick her out of your house, but you would do well to consider the result. Does she have a place to go? With whom will she live? How will this affect your relationship with her long into the future? Sometimes a practical answer is better than a legal answer. The practical answer here is to try family counseling of some sort first.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
James G. Ahlberg, Attorney at Law
501 6th Avenue
P.O. Box 358
Rochelle, IL 61068
Telephone: (815) 562-4443