With more than 15 years, in the estate and long-term care planning field, James provides counsel to individuals, families and business to guide them to achieve their planning goals by implementing strategies customized for each client's unique circumstances.
James focuses his practice in elder law, trusts and estates, guardianship, special needs planning, and business formation and succession planning.
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- J.D. (2004)
- Honors: A.J. Fletcher Law Scholar
- Activities: Phi Alpha Delta National Law School Fraternity (Vice President)
- State University of New York - Binghamton
- B.A. (2001) | Philosophy, Politics and Law; Music
- Honors: summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa, Golden Key and Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Societies
- Attorney at Law
- Burke & Casserly, PC
- Long-Term Care Planning & Asset Protection , Community Resident's Forum , 100 White Pine Dr, Albany, NY 12203
- Avila Retirement Community
- A FREE seminar is hosted by Avila Retirement Community and presented by Elder Law attorney and friend of the community, James R. Barnes, Esq. of Burke & Casserly, P.C. The attorney will illustrate how to protect your hard-earned assets from the ever-increasing costs of long-term care by introducing planning strategies that you may not know exist. Learn why it is crucial to have certain advance directives in place. Discover how certain trusts can protect assets from catastrophic long-term care expenses, minimize the impact of taxes, plan for a loved one with special needs, and/or distribute your assets without the need for probate. The attorney will also touch on important considerations when evaluating long-term care insurance policies. Come with questions, or just come to take away the latest news!
- Albany County Bar Association
- Visiting Nurse Service of Northeastern New York’s Foundation Board
- The New York Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors
- Interim HealthCare in Albany
- Professional Advisory Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York
- New York State Bar  # 4272001
- - Current
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Free half hour initial consultation.
Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard and Discover only
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- English: Spoken, Written