Free Consultation: (281) 814-5323Tap to Call This Lawyer
James Tittle

James Tittle

The Law Office of James Tittle
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Personal Injury ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

James Tittle has been practicing law for over 10 years. He was a Cum Laude honors graduate of the Thurgood Marshall School of Law. Mr. Tittle also graduated with honors from Stephen F. Austin where he received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. While working on his degrees Mr. Tittle also became a certified flight instructor. However, aviation has taken a backseat to his law practice.

Since becoming a lawyer, James Tittle has handled a wide range of legal issues. Mr. Tittle specializes in Probate, Estate Planning, and Personal Injury/Car Accidents. However, our office handles a wide range of legal issues such as DWI's and other misdemeanor criminal charges.

James Tittle is currently the Presiding Judge for the Santa Fe Municipal Court; the Presiding Judge for the Tiki Island Municipal Court; Associate Judge for the Webster Municipal Court; and the former Prosecutor for both the Tiki Island and Sant Fe Municipal Courts. James Tittle looks forward to putting his skills and experience to work for you and your family.

Stephen F. Austin State University
B.A. | Business Administration
Honors: Cum Laude Graduate
Stephen F. Austin State University Logo
Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Cum Laude Graduate
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
The Law Office of James Tittle
- Current
The Law Office of James Tittle is conveniently located in League City at the intersection of 518 and Landing Blvd. Our lawyers offer a wide range of legal services and are happy to review any type of legal issue you may be facing. If you have been injured in an auto/car accident; are facing something as simple as a traffic ticket; need to probate a loved one’s Will; need to create your own Will and Power of Attorney documents; or if you are looking at serious criminal charges like a DWI (i.e. Driving While Intoxicated); our lawyers can represent you and help you achieve the best results possible. Contact us today at (281) 814-5323.
Speaking Engagements
Guest Speaker for AARP, #199, League City
James Tittle provided local AARP chapters with an overview of the Wills, Estate Planning, Power of Attorney, and Probate process.
Southern District of Texas
United States Southern District
Attorney and Counselor at Law
State Bar of Texas
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone consultations are complimentary by calling (281) 814-5323
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    If you have been seriously injured in a car accident we will take your case at no up-front cost to you. We only get paid when you get paid. Call us today at (281) 814-5323.
Practice Areas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Criminal Law
Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Theft
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. How can a surviving spouse with a Deed of Trust get a Deed of Warranty when spouse died 5 years ago?
A: I am sorry to hear about the loss of your spouse. While a little more information may be needed to completely answer this question, it sounds like you might need to go through the probate process in order to transfer ownership of this property. Deeds may only be signed by a living person. Therefore, if a person has passed away they are obviously unable to sign a deed to complete this property transfer. Generally speaking you will need to either complete Heirship Affidavits or go through probate to transfer your spouse's interest in this home from the Estate to the named heirs. If your spouse left a Will, then you may probate this Will to complete the transfer. You are allowed four (4) years to admit Wills to probate. However, you may have an exception to probate this Will as a Muniment of Title even after the 4 years has elapsed. If the spouse did not leave a Will, then you may be able to complete Heirship Affidavits in order to transfer their interest to their heirs-at-law outside of the probate process. Contacting an experiences probate attorney may be necessary to complete this process. Again, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your spouse, but I do hope this information was useful to you. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
The Law Office of James Tittle
Contact & Map
The Law Office of James Tittle
107 Landing Blvd.
Suite F
League City, TX 77573
Telephone: (281) 814-5323