Jammie Lynn Wacenske

Jammie Lynn Wacenske

Wake County Family Law Attorney and Partner at Matheson & Associates PLLC
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

If you are facing a divorce or child custody matter, you are probably feeling overwhelmed. Where you previously may have been able to resolve your family matters internally and privately, you must now retain the help of a legal representative to protect your (and your children’s) best interest in the public court system. Finding someone with the right mix of emotional support for you during this very difficult time, while at the same time being relentless in their fight to protect you is harder then you may think. Jammie Lynn Wacenske is a proven advocate with a soft place in her heart for Family Law. She understands that not all Family Law matters must be a contentious drawn out fight, but when it is required, she will relentlessly fight for you both in and out of court. Ms. Wacenske limits her practice area to exclusively Family Law and Estate matters so she can be dedicated to her clients during these trying times. Call or come meet her today and see why she will be the compassionate representative you want and the zealous advocate you need.

Jammie Lynn Wacenske is a Partner at Matheson & Associates PLLC and is the department head for Family Law and Estate Planning matters. At Matheson & Associates, we value our clients and believe in open and constant communication. We provide regular updates regarding your case and promptly respond to phone calls and emails. Our goal has been to break the mold of standard attorney-client relationships by proactively involving our clients in their case and spending the time necessary to understand their needs. See why so many clients have chosen to leave us 5-star reviews and come back for their future legal needs time and again.

North Carolina Central University School of Law
Activities: Elder Law Project, Lawyer on the Line Project
Placeholder image for education.
North Carolina Wesleyan College
B.A. | Major: History, Minor: Political Science
Honors: cum laude
Activities: Pi Sigma Alpha
Placeholder image for education.
Nash Community College
A.A. | Associate of Arts - College Transfer
Activities: Student Leadership Institute, Gamma Beta Phi - Parliamentarian, Media Club - President, Math Club - Secretary
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Matheson & Associates PLLC
- Current
I am a partner and the Family Law and Estate Planning department leader for Matheson & Associates PLLC. If you are contemplating anything from prenuptial agreements through separation agreements to filing for divorce, custody, spousal/child support, or property division, call today for a free consultation to see how we can help guide you in the right direction for your specific situation.
Senior Associate
Matheson & Associates PLLC
Matheson & Associates PLLC
I am currently the family law attorney with Matheson & Associates PLLC
Speaking Engagements
Know Your Rights - Family Law
Raleigh Rescue Mission
I was one of approximately 5 family law attorneys who had the opportunity to speak with members of the community about family law. My topic was Child Support.
Wills & Estates
Dream Box
Gave a presentation to the employees of the company about the importance of estate planning.
Criminal and Public Safety, Career & Technical Education Showcase, Nash Community College
Spoke to potential students of Nash Community College (NCC) about my experience with NCC and how attending the community college has helped me become an attorney.
Client Reviewed
Professional Associations
North Carolina Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Advocates for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wake County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I'm on child support an I haven't seen my boy in years..I beg an beg no answer ..I pay my support
A: Hello,

If you are wanting to have visitation with or custody of your son then you should begin the process of filing a complaint for child custody. I would definitely start with consulting with family law attorneys in your county since each county has different local rules and can get tricky. I would also try calling the Clerk of Court in your county (or the County that your son lives in if it is different) and ask them if they have any information for you to try to begin that process on your own if necessary.
Q. Will my children be responsible for my student loans, and credit card debt when I die? Assets are $2000
A: Hello,

Not unless they co-signed on them. Family is not usually responsible for the debt of the decedent unless they have made themselves personally accountable for those debts.
Q. My disabled sibling died, 7 weeks later my mother (his caretaker) died in 2015. I live in NJ and paid all arrangements
A: Hello,

The bank will likely not give you access to their account without having Letters of Administration. What you should do is contact the clerk of court and ask them about beginning a small estate proceeding or go through with the opening a regular estate and getting the proper documentation to contact the bank. However, just because you might gain access to the account doesn't mean you can just go in and get the money for yourself. You will need to distribute funds according to North Carolina statute and through the proper channels as prescribed by law. The clerk of court should have some resources for you to go through before you open the estate. The clerk that you will need to contact is the clerk of the county of the last residence of the decedent(s) and they should be able to point you in the right direction (they cannot, however, provide legal advice, you will need to reach out to an estates attorney for that). ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Matheson & Associates PLLC
127 West Hargett Street
Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27601
Telephone: (919) 335-5291
Fax: (919) 516-0686
Monday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed