Jandi Keum

Jandi Keum

Estate Planning Attorney at 3i Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
University of North Carolina School of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Pro Bono Award; Summer Public Service Grant
Activities: SBA Multicultural and Diversity Association - Co-Chair
University of North Carolina School of Law Logo
Clark University
B.A. | Political Science
Honors: Davis United World Scholar; LEEP Pioneer Grant
Clark University Logo
St. John's College - Annapolis
First and Second Year Student | Liberal Arts
Honors: Davis United World Scholar
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
3i Law
- Current
Modern Family Law
Preludio Family Law
Janko Law
Spanish Interpreter
CPCD Head Start
Student Attorney
UNC Chapel Hill Military and Veterans Clinic
Professional Associations
Colorado Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
El Paso County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Colorado Supreme Court
ID Number: 55449
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Area
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Korean: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Can interested persons be removed from a guardianship proceeding?
A: This is a complex issue - let me break it down. First, in a guardianship proceeding, interested persons are typically individuals who have a legal interest in the outcome of the case. These individuals could include family members, close relatives, or other parties who may be affected by the guardianship decision. The specific rules and procedures regarding who can be considered an interested person and their role in the guardianship proceeding can vary depending on the jurisdiction and local laws.

In some cases, interested persons may have the right to participate in the guardianship proceeding by filing petitions, presenting evidence, or expressing their opinions to the court. However, it is possible for interested persons to be removed from the guardianship proceeding under certain circumstances.

Some reasons for removing interested persons from a guardianship proceeding could include:

Lack of Standing: If an interested person does not have a legal right or standing to participate in the guardianship case, they may be removed from the proceedings.

Conflict of Interest: If an interested person has a conflict of interest that could potentially compromise the best interests of the individual for whom guardianship is being sought, the court may remove them from the case.

Failure to Comply with Court Orders: If an interested person repeatedly fails to comply with court orders or disrupts the proceedings, the court may choose to remove them from further participation.

Abuse or Neglect: If an interested person is found to have engaged in abuse or neglect of the individual subject to guardianship, they may be excluded from the proceedings.

Lack of Participation or Inactivity: In some cases, an interested person who has shown little or no interest in participating in the proceedings may be removed.

It's important to remember that the specific rules and procedures for guardianship proceedings can vary significantly depending on the jurisdiction. If you are involved in a guardianship case and have concerns about the participation of certain interested persons, it's a good idea to seek legal advice from an attorney familiar with guardianship laws in your area. They can provide guidance on the specific rules and options available to address the situation appropriately.
... Read More
Q. Parenting time interference law in Colorado?
A: Hi, based on the information provided, scheduling activities during the father's court-ordered parenting time without his consent and knowledge can be considered parenting time interference. This interference could be a violation of the court-ordered custody agreement or parenting plan.

If the mother is intentionally scheduling activities during the father's parenting time and is not cooperating to find suitable alternatives or makeup time, filing a Motion Concerning Parenting Time Disputes might be an appropriate step to address this issue.

When filing the motion, the father would be asking the court to enforce the existing custody order and prevent the mother from interfering with his parenting time. He would need to present evidence of the interference, such as communication records or witness statements, to support his case.

Ultimately, the court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child and may order the mother to adhere to the parenting schedule or provide make-up time for the father if the parenting time has been missed due to interference.

Family law is complex, and the specifics of how courts handle parenting time disputes can vary depending on the jurisdiction and the specific circumstances of the case. It would be a good idea to consult with a family law attorney who can provide guidance and representation tailored to the specific situation and applicable laws in your area. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights as a parent in this difficult situation.
... Read More
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
3i Law
Contact & Map
3i Law
9240 Explorer Drive
Suite 111
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Telephone: (303) 245-2100