Janet Fashakin is a seasoned attorney of over two decades, a journey that started in Africa in 2000 church. She received her bachelors in law from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University in Nigeria, She proceeded to receive her Masters in Law from Yeshiva University, Cardozo School of Law in New York. She embarked on her doctorate studies at Walden University in Baltimore, USA, where her dissertation focuses on the "Challenges faced by the African American Women upon their release after serving their terms."
Bar Admissions: The Supreme Court of Nigeria;
The Supreme Court of New York State 2nd Judicial Departments,
The District Court of the Eastern District of New York ,
The District Court of the Southern District of New York and
The Supreme Court of USA.
A licensed Registered Nurse of Nigeria, UK & New York State
A Certified Public Administrator of USA.
Guardian Ad Litem for the State of NY to represent the interest of the unknowns and the Incapacitated in Probate matters.
Small Claims Court Arbitrator.
Recognized member of Stratford’s "Who's Who."
Top 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction Award by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
American Bar Association,
The New York Bar Association,
The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers,
The Women Bar Association of New York and many others.
Socio-Cultural/ Grass-root Involvements:
Founder & Global Director, Ijesa Ladies Union (I.L.U) International, a non for profit organization that focuses attention on the plight of the less widows privileged women of Ijesaland and their under aged kids.
National Women Leader, Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) North America
Founder, Macedonia Project for the care of the Poor Widows and their Orphan kids of CAC.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- LL.M. (2005) | Law
- - present
- Honors: Startford "Who's Who", 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. Alpha Kappa Alpha, Wladen University.
- Activities: I mentor young law graduates, I am a Small Claim's Arbitrator and a Guardian Ad litem for the incapacitated and the Unknowns of New York State.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- LL.B. (1990) | Law
- Honors: Graduated with honors
- Small Claims Arbitrators
- New York State Courts Administration
- I adjudicate on simple and complex matters of all sorts of cases where the parties both agree to see me.
- How to Start a Solo Practice
- Cardozo Journal of International and Comparative Law (CJICL), 2005
- The ideal Women, Women Annual Event, CAC Baltimore,
- CAC North America
- I will be talking at this religious organization on "an ideal woman".
- Public Administrators of USA
- Walden University
- 10 Best 2016 Client Satisfaction
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- New York State Bar # 3903994
- - Current
- New York
- Free Consultation
I give free consultation of up to 10 minutes, after that it is $100 per hour. We also take certain complex cases on contingency.
- Contingent Fees
Most contingency fees are by law and set at 33% of the money recovered. If nothing is recovered, nothing is due the attorney.
- Immigration Law
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Yoruba: Spoken, Written