Free Consultation: (360) 419-0809Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jason Powers

Jason Powers

Powers Law Group
  • DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence, Criminal Law ...
  • Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media
University of California - Davis
J.D. (2001)
University of California - Davis Logo
Western Washington University
B.A. (1997) | Political Science
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Powers Law Group
- Current
Adjunct Faculty
Skagit Valley College
Taught classes in the Administration of Justice and Paralegal programs. Subjects included Criminal Law, Evidence and Constitutional Law.
Prosecuting Attorney
Special Deputy Prosecuting Attorney at the King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Lewis County; Deputy Prosecuting Attorney with Skagit County
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Bar  # 31645
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. I have a detective and adult services checking on my mom because she took out 50,000 out of her bank America account
A: You need to call a lawyer. APS thinks you had her get the money for your benefit. They might try and remove her from your care and send charges to a prosecutor. I suggest you call a local criminal law attorney and meet with them. This need to be done before you and or mom meet with them. Also, follow up with her Dr and get the record to show she is doing better. You need to protect yourself.
Q. 15 years ago I was a first time offender charge with simple battery 16-5-23. I was given a program to take and I did not
A: It looks as though the offense was out of Georgia? I advise you to speak to an attorney who is licensed to practice in the state of your offense. The answer would depend on what type of battery (assault) If you were convicted in Washington. If the charge included Domestic Violence or was a felony, you would need to restore your right to possess firearms. This only applies if the charge was from Washington and you live here. Since the charge seems to be out of another state, then I suggest you speak to an attorney from there.
Q. How to respond to an investigator's voicemail?
A: Your instinct to obtain representation is right. Contact an attorney and try to meet with them. Most lawyers offer telephone or video conferences due to the Sheltering guidelines. Then discuss the benefits and dangers of speaking to the investigator. Finally, do not speak about this to anyone but your attorney.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Jason Powers' Website Profile
Powers Law Group Website
Powers Law Group Blog
Contact & Map
Powers Law Group
309 Pine St
Mt Vernon, WA 98273
Telephone: (360) 419-0809
Fax: (360) 419-0810