Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. | Civil Litigation
- Honors: Moot Court Board, Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy, Winner of Best Brief Award.
- Activities: Note Author, Attenuation and Illegal Eavesdropping by Private Citizens, 12 Suffolk J. Trial & App. Advoc. 177 (2007)
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.A. | Journalism
- Activities: Dual Major: Journalism and Social Thought and Political Economy.
- Partner and Senior Attorney
- Lynch & Owens, P.C.
- - Current
- Primary focus on Probate and Family litigation in Plymouth, Norfolk, Barnstable, and Middlesex counties.
- Reporter and Feature Writer
- Community Newspaper Company
- Feature writer for New England’s oldest weekly newspaper, The Register, and full-time beat reporter and feature writer for The Sandwich Broadsider and The Upper Cape Codder, with total readership of over 25,000. Major stories included profile on teenage ecstasy abuse on Cape Cod (cover story in three papers) and 3-part series focusing on the environmental impact of the Cape Cod Canal Electric Plant expansion project in Bourne, Massachusetts
- Judicial Clerk
- Massachusetts Probate and Family Court
- Judicial Clerk for the Eastern Division of the Massachusetts Probate and Family Courts in Barnstable, Essex and Bristol Counties. Drafted Findings of Fact and Judgments/Decrees.
- Camp Dresser & McKee Inc.
- Marketing and business development consultant for International Division (division since reorganized) with focus on design, construction, operation and implementation of large scale water, wastewater and public works projects in Asia, Europe and Middle East from Cambridge-based world headquarters for global consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm with more than 4,500 employees and 120+ offices worldwide.
- Law Clerk (Student)
- Honorable Robert W. Langlois
- Student clerk/intern for the Hon. Robert W. Langlois, former First Justice (Acting) for the Middlesex Probate and Family Court and current First Justice for the Norfolk Probate and Family Court.
- Legal Intern / Registry Staff
- Senior Partners for Justice / Middlesex Probate and Family Court
- Legal Intern for Senior Partners for Justice assigned to Middlesex Probate and Family Court under the supervision of the Honorable Edward M. Ginsburg (ret.). Included three, four-week rotations in the divorce, paternity and probate departments at the Middlesex Registry of Probate.
- Family Law Division, Student Advocate
- Hale and Dorr Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School
- Advised ten pro se divorce clients and handled four full cases for Harvard Law School’s oldest/largest legal clinic. Duties included attorney negotiation, client intake and relations, supervised Motion practice and contested hearings.
- Marketing Coordinator, Global Resources Division
- Camp Dresser & McKee, Inc.
- Wrote and edited competitive bid proposals and provided marketing and business development for Global Resources Division (since reorganized) with focus on acquisition and development of new business for municipal information management, operations and management, architectural and specialized engineering projects from Cambridge-based world headquarters for global consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm with more than 4,500 employees and 120+ offices worldwide.
- Proposal Writer/Marketing Coordinator
- CiviGenics, Inc.
- Wrote and edited competitive bid proposals for largest corrections-oriented substance abuse treatment and mental health provider in United States (as of 2001), including work performed under management and administrative contract for Spectrum Health Systems, Inc., a national leader in substance abuse and mental health treatment, serving 20,000 individuals each year through more than 100 institutional and community-based programs, from Maine to Washington State.
Articles & Publications
- Complaints for Contempt for Violations of Child Support, Alimony and Financial Orders in Massachusetts
- L&O Blog
- Determining Self-Employment Income for Child Support Purposes: The Massachusetts View Compared with the National View
- Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy
- Hearing thy neighbor: the doctrine of attenuation and illegal eavesdropping by private citizens
- Suffolk Journal of Trial and Appellate Advocacy
- Plymouth Bar Association
- - Current
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- DUI & DWI
Additional Practice Area
- Probate Litigation
Websites & Blogs
- Lynch & Owens Website.
- Divorce & Family Law at Lynch & Owens, P.C.
- Lynch & Owens
Contact & Map