Claimed Lawyer Profile
- University of Mississippi
- J.D. | Law
- Activities: Law School Student Body Association, Black Law Student Association, Public Interest Legal Foundation, University of Mississippi/Harvard Musicians’ Project, Low Income Tax Assistance Clinic, MVLP Student Volunteer, Pro Bono Initiative Clinic, BarBri Senior Partner Program Supervisor
- University of Memphis
- B.A. | History
- Honors: Honors: Dean’s List, National Dean’s List, magna cum laude distinction
- Judicial Law Clerk
- Administrative Office of the Courts
- Washington County Youth and County Court--Review complaints, petitions, motions, and other pleadings that come before the court to determine the issues involved. Evaluate pertinent facts and evidence to interpret and apply statutes and regulations in the analysis of pleadings. Assess the docket to prepare for pending litigation. Perform legal research. Draft orders for the Court. Prepare memoranda summarizing the facts and recommendations for each case reviewed. Review default judgments, final judgments, pretrial motions and summary judgments. Draft orders and writs. Correspond with counsel, court officials, and litigants regarding procedural requirements. Keep abreast of changes in the law.
- Prosecutorial Extern
- Office of the Fifth District Attorney Office
- Observed proceedings, including arraignments, grand jury, preliminary hearings, and jury trials. Presented plea bargains to the court. Reviewed the legal sufficiency of criminal cases, including robbery, murder, narcotics, and hate crimes. Recorded answers to voir dire examination as part of jury selection.
- Limited Practice Student Attorney
- North Mississippi Rural Legal Services
- Worked under the direct supervision of the managing attorney on civil cases including divorce, child custody, child support, wills and estates, bankruptcy, and social security. Drafted pleadings and client correspondence. Conducted intake interviews both on-site and on telephone to determine asset and income eligibility levels.
- Summer Law Clerk
- Moore Law Office PLLC
- Prepared various legal documents, including complaints, settlement memorandum, medical abstracts, and motions. Researched legal issues pertaining to personal injuries, workers’ compensation, car accidents, slip and fall cases, and police brutality cases. Interviewed clients and obtained case facts.
- Summer Law Clerk
- Johnson & Johnson Law Office
- Assisted public defender with investigating criminal cases involving domestic violence, murder, and drug crimes. Conducted intake interviews at a local correctional facility and at court. Prepared legal memoranda, pleadings, and motions. Filed documents with the appropriate courts. Completed plea agreement documents. Attended court session at all local court levels. Assembled trial notebooks and organized evidence and exhibits for trials. Composed voir dire examinations and jury instructions. Researched issues pertaining to bankruptcy, wills, estates, property disputes, and social security. Attended and summarized depositions.
- Eligibility Counselor II
- Tennessee Department of Human Services
- Interviewed clients to determine eligibility for various social programs, such as Families First, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Childcare programs, and local food banks and clothing drives. Determined benefit eligibility based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Corroborated with Social Security Administration, Worker's Compensation Commission, Employment Security Commission, and local banks to verify information provided by the clients.
- Top Minority 2017
- Delta Business Journal
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Free Consultation
- Social Security Disability
- Estate Planning
- Criminal Law
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map