Jennifer Liakos is a Partner in the Napoli Shkolnik PLLC Pharmaceutical Litigation Department and is based in the California, office. Her practice focuses primarily on mass tort litigation, including pharmaceutical product liability, personal injury, and medical device litigation.
As an experienced pharmaceutical litigator, Ms. Liakos predominantly has concentrated her practice on injuries affecting women and children. She has been at the forefront of the SSRI antidepressant birth defect litigation for more than a decade, litigating against defendants including GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, and Forest Pharmaceuticals.
In 2003, she was appointed Discovery Chair for the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Paxil Products Liability Litigation (MDL 1574) and is presently the American Association for Justice Litigation Group Chair for the SSRI Birth Defects Group. Most recently, Ms. Liakos was named to the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee in the Viagra (Sildenafil Citrate) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2). In addition to birth defect litigation, Ms. Liakos has also worked on cases involving antidepressant-induced suicide and withdrawal and cases involving injuries caused by toxic shock syndrome.
Ms. Liakos has testified before the FDA advisory board on amending the regulations concerning generic manufacturer liability. She was named as a Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2007 and 2008. She was selected as a Super Lawyer in every year since 2011.
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Honors: cum laude
- Activities: Participated in the Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and was assistant editor of the Law Review.
- Western Michigan University
- B.A. | English
- Napoli Shkolnik PLLC
- Robinson Calcagnie Robinson Shapiro Davis
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in California
- The National Trial Lawyers
- California State Bar # 207487
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- 9th Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern Districts of California
- United States District Court, Central Districts of California
- United States District Court, Northern Districts of California
- United States District Court, Southern Districts of California
- Products Liability
- English: Spoken, Written