Joanna Marie MitchellJoanna Mitchell & Associates, PA
- Divorce, Family Law
Experienced divorce attorney located in the Clermont, Florida area and practicing only Family Law, including, but not limited to, divorce, child support, parenting plans and timesharing arrangements (custody and visitation issues), alimony, paternity, parental relocations, step-parent adoptions, modifications and other Family Law matters.
Our firm is dedicated to aggressive, successful and honest representation of our clients. As your lawyers, we believe that communication is key to a positive outcome. Therefore, we strive to always be as accessible as possible to our clients through direct, personal contact, prompt returning of phone calls and via cutting edge technology, such as instant notification of e-mails. We promise to do our best to respond to any questions or inquiries within 24 to 48 business hours, and always make you, the client, our first priority.
Following the initial contact, we will schedule a one-on-one meeting for you to meet with an attorney so that your specific needs, goals and desired outcomes can be thoroughly discussed and understood. We will then research any necessary issues and develop a strategy to assist you in obtaining the most favorable outcome possible. During this process, we will keep you informed of the progress of your case and use every available means to ensure that your needs are met and your goals achieved. We will be with you to guide and advise you every step of the way, always with candor and honesty, and will fully utilize our years of training and experience to fight for a successful resolution of your legal matter.
- Florida State University College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Graduated Suma Cum Laude
- University of South Florida
- B.A. | Psychology
- Honors: Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Attorney / Sole Practitioner
- Joanna Mitchell & Associates, PA
- - Current
- Established in 2003, we are a Full Service Family Law Firm, offering our professional guidance in nearly all areas of Family Law, including, but not limited to, Divorces (both uncontested and contested), Timesharing / Parenting Plan disputes (previously known as custody and visitation), Child Support, Paternity actions, Contempt and Enforcement actions, Domestic Violence Injunctions, Step-Parent Adoptions and Marriage Contracts (prenuptial and postnuptial agreements).
- Florida State Bar  # 346410
- - Current
Free 30 minute telephone consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Retainer varies from case to case depending on the issues, but is typically in the $1,600.00 - $3,000.00; hourly rate is $200.00 per hour
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Q. My ex husband is behind in child support and is taking me to court for modification. Who pays for my lawyer?
- A: It depends on whether it is a frivolous action or not. If he has grounds to modify, then usually each pays their own (unless he earns substantially more than you). Your attorney can best determine if you would have any likelihood of recovering attorney fees from your ex.
- Q. My husband's exgirlfriend is asking for more $. He pays Support to her & his ex-Wife. Does our 3 yr old count in this?
- A: No, usually children that are born later are not considered, as the Court's feel that he already had the prior obligation when he chose to have another child, which doesn't lessen his obligations to the prior children in any way.
- Q. My ex boyfriend got an attorney when I got a restraining order on him, we have a 5 yr old together. Should I get one too?
- A: Generally, if he has an attorney, you should have one as well. Otherwise, your case may not be properly heard in court. The rights of you and your child need to be properly protected and an attorney can help. If your case is in the Central Florida area, my office offers free initial telephone consultations. Feel free to give us a call!