Free Consultation: (631) 654-9008Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jodi Ann Donato

Jodi Ann Donato

Honesty, Integrity and Loyalty
  • Family Law, Divorce, Probate ...
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

There are times in life when you need the help of a legal professional who cares about you.

Everything I do revolves around my core values of Honesty, Integrity and Loyalty. I take a compassionate approach toward my clients who are often dealing with some of the most difficult situations life can serve up.

Dealing with the everyday legal tasks associated with divorce, custody, support, aging parents, traffic fines, or planning for the future can be stressful and I'm here to help you find your way through.

I aim to provide a friendly family atmosphere with a reputation for timely personalized service.

I am available to my clients by telephone, email and text.

Placeholder image for education.
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
J.D. (1992)
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center Logo
Hofstra University
B.B.A. (1985) | Finance
Hofstra University Logo
Professional Experience
Jodi Ann Donato, Esq./Donato Law
- Current
Matrimonial and family law, estate planning, probate and administration, residential real estate transactions, debt collection defense
Small Claims Court - Suffolk County
- Current
Arbitrate small claims cases.
Volunteer Attorney
Suffolk County Pro Bono Project
- Current
Assigned Counsel Defender Plan of Suffolk County (18b)
Smithtown Toyota
Prepared, analyzed, and reconciled financial statements, operating reports, financial schedules; budgets and closings; supervised accounting staff. Recipient of the Toyota Motor Distributors’ 1989 Comptrollers Award for Excellence.
Speaking Engagements
Innovating to Grow Your Firm, online
Client Centered Certified
Reisman Award for Law Firm Growth
Pro Bono Attorney of the Month
Suffolk County Bar Association
Received this award three times
Distinguished Service Award
Town of Islip
Professional Associations
Women's Bar Association of the State of New York
Treasurer, Chapter Delegate
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Women's Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Matrimonial Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County BAr Association Family Court and MAtrimonial Committee
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Suffolk County Bar Association Charitable Foundation
Manager and Secretary
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US District Court for the Eastern District of NY
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    I offer a FREE 30 minute consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans Available MetLife, ARAG & CLC Legal Network Attorney Union Member Discounts
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Contested Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Probate Administration
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Real Estate Law
Residential Real Estate
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My mom has been claiming child support my father has sent her for the past 6 years even though I have been emancipated.
A: Child support is paid to the parent until the child is 21. If the monies your dad is paying is arrears, then it is money that was due while you were living with her. The money is due to her.
Q. My ex has filed a modification stating he has not worked in a year and has other surgeries pending, will he pay less?
A: He would need to subpoena his doctors in to testify that he can't work. Has he filed for disability? He has to prove to the Court that he cannot work and it is not an easy thing to prove.
Q. Hi, I’m 28, and am going to get adopted. Would I have to make any changes on my child’s birth certificate?
A: If you're birth name is going to be changed on your birth certificate then it should be changed on hers.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
130 West Main Street
East Islip, NY 11730
Telephone: (631) 654-9008
Fax: (631) 654-0337