John B. Moore received his Bachelor of Science from the University of Utah in Speech Communication, with an emphasis in Argumentation. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pennsylvania. Upon graduation, Mr. Moore was selected for the Attorney General’s Honors Program at the Department of Justice’s Executive Office for Immigration Review where he advised, and wrote decisions for, eleven immigration judges throughout Texas. Mr. Moore has worked for a variety of federal agencies integral to immigration law, including drafting decisions at the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals. Mr. Moore has also argued before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, opposing ICE’s detention and due process policies. After leaving the government, Mr. Moore was the Managing Attorney of the El Paso and Albuquerque offices of one of the larger immigration law firms in the country, during which time he successfully prosecuted thousands of cases ranging from complex visitor visa cases, to work or investor visas, to bond proceedings and deportation defense, to family-based cases at USCIS and the US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Moore served as a sergeant in the United States Army at Ft. Bliss, and during four tours of duty to the Middle East. He also served in the Americorps through the Teach for America program, where he taught Middle School English in the Rio Grande Valley. Mr. Moore has also been a community organizer, protecting the rights of immigrants and residents along the U.S. Mexico Border. Mr. Moore is licensed by the Pennsylvania Bar and practices Immigration & Nationality Law in all U.S. jurisdictions. He is a member of the Federal Bar Association, the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the US - Mexico Bar Association, and the Alumni of the Ivy League. Languages: English and Spanish.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- J.D. (2011) | Immigration Law
- Relevant Courses: Immigration Law, Refugee & Asylum Law, Crimmigration, International Human Rights Law, Immigration Legal Clinic, Advanced Immigration Legal Clinic
- Honors: Judge John Morgan Scholarship
- Activities: Symposium Editor: Journal of Law and Social Change Policy Director: Immigrant Rights Project
- University of Utah
- B.S. (2005) | Argumentation, Ethnic Studies
- Honors: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Royal M. Garff Scholarship
- Managing Partner
- Villalobos & Moore, LLP
- - Current
- Managing Attorney
- Maney | Gordon
- Managed the El Paso and Albuquerque offices, including 5 attorneys.
- Attorney Advisor
- U.S. Department of Justice - Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Advised 4 immigration judges on a full-time basis and 7 other immigration judges on a part-time basis. Drafted judicial orders.
- Attorney General Honors Program
- U.S. Department of Justice
- The Attorney General Honors Program is considered by many to be the premier post-doctoral training program for attorneys.
- Pennsylvania State Bar # 312660
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Immigration Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
Announcement regarding new immigration benefits based on President Obama's actions and U.S. Supreme Court decisions.Anuncio acerca de los riesgos de usar un Notary Publico en lugar de un abogado
Public Service Announcement regarding notary fraud.Un gran beneficio nuevo para todos los soldados, veteranos, y sus familias
Announcement regarding new Parole in Place benefit for families of soldiers and veterans.