Free Consultation: (615) 900-4529Tap to Call This Lawyer
John David DrakeServing Your Legal Needs For Over 29 Years.
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Insurance Claims ...
Claimed Lawyer Profile
John David Drake is an experienced trial attorney. John is a graduate of the University of Tennessee Law School. He served 5 years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps. There he gained significant general legal and trial practice. Since 1992 he has provided litigation services to the people of Murfreesboro, Rutherford and surrounding counties. His areas of practice include: DUI, Criminal Law, Divorce and Child Custody, Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury.
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- B.A. | Political Science
- Honors: With Honors
- Legal Assistance Officer, Command Judge Advocate, Trial Defense Counsel
- Judge Advocate General's Corps, U.S. Army
- I had a great experience in the U.S. Army JAGC. I was a legal assistance officer at Ft. Campbell, In the 101st Airborne Div (Air Assault) for 2 years where I helped soldiers, dependents and retirees with general legal issues. Then, I was a Special Forces Command Judge Advocate with the 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne). I prosecuted green berets for the few but unique crimes they might commit under Military law. I advised the Commander for Law of War issues. I deployed to Saudi Arabia for Desert Sheild/Storm and experienced what the Army is like in a "combat zone", though admittedly, my job was not in harms' way. Upon return to the U.S. I completed a Court Martial for a soldier who accidently shot one of our troops in Saudi and then I was transfered to Ft. Leveanworth, Kansas, where I was the Trial Defense Counsel at the United States Military Disciplinary Barracks (yes, the prison). The job of defending prisoners in the Army's only maximum security prison was a real challenge, and very rewarding. However, I missed Tennnessee and in 1992 I decided to resign from the U.S. Army and enter private practice.
- Tennessee State Bar  # 012405
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Additional Practice Area
- Car Accidents
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map