Free Consultation: (212) 922-0005Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Kiritsis

John Kiritsis

John Kiritsis, Esq., CPA, MBA, MS, JD, LL.M---Legal Services for all your needs.
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Tax Law ...
  • New Jersey, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

John Kiritsis is a licensed Attorney and CPA (Certified Public Accountant). He is the Supervising Managing Attorney at Law Offices of Kiritsis & Associates PLLC, a New York City based law firm that provides legal services within the following practice areas: business law, real estate, tax law, criminal defense and immigration. For a free consultation you can call us 212 922 0005.

We provide a full range of legal and accounting related services throughout New York City and New Jersey.

Fordham University School of Law
LL.M. | Banking, Corporate & Finance Law
Fordham University School of Law Logo
Goldey-Beacom College
MBA | Taxation
Placeholder image for education.
City University of New York - Baruch College
B.B.A. | Accountancy
Placeholder image for education.
City University of New York - Baruch College
M.S. | Accountancy
Placeholder image for education.
New York Law School
J.D. | Juris Doctor
New York Law School Logo
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Kiritsis & Associates PLLC
- Current
Articles & Publications
Three current trends in Limited Liability Company (LLC) law in the U.S.
Speaking Engagements
Starting a small business in New York City
Certified Public Accountant
Dean's List
New York Law School
Professional Associations
State Bar of New Jersey
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
New Jersey Courts
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 5318126
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Tax Law
    Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Arabic: Spoken, Written
  • Bulgarian: Spoken, Written
  • Chinese: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • Greek: Spoken, Written
  • Korean: Spoken, Written
  • Russian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Hi there, I would like to know if it's possible for a lawyer to take on my case. I am a TLC driver for Uber
A: Hi, Have you considered contacting the Legal Aide Office or New York City Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service Program? Those are two sources where you may be able to get in depth free legal consultation. The NYSBA may also be a useful resource. This sounds like something our firm can handle. We deal a lot with criminal, financial and private investigations. Before deciding on an action, it looks like it is more critical to find out what is causing the pending status, and whether it is possible to take measures to resolve and/or mitigate the pending status. To do so we would need to sit down, and get more information from you. We would typically charge $250 for a 60 minute consultation for this type of case. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Q. Possible for a single person S-Corp to be paid via 1099 and file schedule c ?
A: In short, the answer is probably yes. It would likely go through the IRS (especially if paper filed). However, at some point it would likely trigger an error/rejection type of message and/or an outright audit. S Corps file Form 1120S, which issues form K-1S. One of the great advantages of an S Corp, is the ability to cut down on self employment and/or payroll type of taxes. Here, the issuance of the 1099 undermines one of biggest favorable tax traits of an S Corp tax election. One of the main reasons single shareholder S Corp owners choose the S Corp route, is to avoid dealing with Schedule C. You may have to file a Schedule C at the end of the day, but it is generally something an S Corp owner may want to stay clear off. Hope this helps.
Q. Do I need a special permission if I want to use the Netflix logo in a publicly posted blog that is referencing Netflix?
A: Hi, There are two main issues at play here: 1. Even if the law is on your side, it often times may not be economically beneficial to mess around with intellectual property of a behemoth company like the one mentioned. 2. The underlying question, would very likely hinge on some very fact specific inquiries: Is the strategic analysis a parody? How does it reference the company? Is it for commercial use? Would there be an expectation of economic profit? Where from the internet, would such logo be obtained?
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Kiritsis & Associates PLLC
John Kiritsis, Esq., CPA, MBA, MS, JD, LL.M
633 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Telephone: (212) 922-0005
Notice: 8am to 7pm