John R. Watters II
- Family Law, Criminal Law, Divorce ...
Born and raised in Akron, OH, John Watters graduated from the University of Akron in the spring of 2013 with a bachelor’s degree in English, a minor in Pre-Law Philosophy, and a profound desire to help those in need. After taking some time off to enjoy being a new father, John enrolled in the University of Akron School of Law.
While attending law school, John was a member of Akron’s nationally-ranked mock trial program, where he and his team became regional champions in the American Association for Justice Trial Advocacy Competition in 2017.
Having been both an intern for the Summit County Prosecutor’s Office, as well as a student representative for Akron Law’s Inmate Assistance Program, John was given the opportunity to see the criminal justice system—both its highlights, as well as its flaws—from every angle. This unique perspective not only inspired him to speak out against these flaws, but it also taught him the value of dissecting a case from all sides, in order to anticipate opposing arguments.
John earned his J.D. in the spring of 2018, along with a certificate in litigation for trial advocacy and dispute resolution. Prior to joining our firm, John spent two years as a law clerk at a personal injury firm in Medina. John currently handles an assortment of domestic relations matters, as well as various misdemeanor criminal defenses, including OVI defenses. He has also assisted numerous individuals in obtaining civil protection orders at no charge, providing victims of domestic violence and stalking the peace of mind of knowing that someone is listening and is invested in the outcome of their case.
John resides in Akron, Ohio. He remains active in the community, participating in the annual Walk of Heroes, to benefit the Rape Crisis Center of Medina and Summit Counties. He is a proud co-to a wonderfully high-spirited 8-year old girl.
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- English: Spoken, Written