Free Consultation: (727) 235-6461Tap to Call This Lawyer
John Richert

John Richert

An attorney who is on your team.
  • Probate, Business Law, Estate Planning
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

John Richert is a Managing Attorney at Richert Quarles, P.A. He received his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in Gulfport, Florida and a Master’s in Business Administration from Stetson University in Deland, Florida in May 2013. While at Stetson, John participated in Stetson’s pro bono program and was a member of the Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. Before attending Stetson, John attended the College of William and Mary located in Williamsburg, Virginia and received a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration majoring in Finance. John was admitted to the Florida Bar in September 2013. John’s practice is focused on Florida probate, civil litigation, and business law. He also has experience in landlord/tenant law, bankruptcy litigation, Florida administrative practice, and corporate law. In his practice, John takes special account of taking most economical course of action for his clients. In some cases, it is more economical and achieves a faster result to work out a solution between parties without litigation. John believes that good communication between an attorney and his client is incredibly important. That’s why John strives to answer all calls and emails from clients on the same day and will never bill clients who call him with short questions. An attorney and a client are a team and John will always work to be a great teammate with his clients. John is licensed to practice law in Florida, the U.S. Middle District Court of Florida, and the U.S. Southern District Court of Florida. He is currently a member of the Clearwater Bar Association.

Stetson University College of Law
J.D. (2013) | Law
Stetson University College of Law Logo
Stetson University
MBA (2013) | Business Administration
Stetson University Logo
College of William and Mary
B.B.A. (2010) | Finance, concentration in accounting
College of William and Mary Logo
Professional Experience
Richert Quarles P.A.
- Current
Law Clerk
Law Clerk Kevin Carreno P.A.
A+ Rating
Better Business Bureau
A+ Rating (2017, 2018)
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0106613
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Clearwater Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
St. Petersburg Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation is free for all matters
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Practice Areas
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Both my parents died 8-9 yrs ago. They left no will & they also left a house. I've lived in the house since.
A: If you want to be the owner of the house, it sounds like you will need to do probate to transfer the house into your name and any heirs that may be entitled to it. You need to talk to a probate attorney to see how to move forward. Out firm offers free consultations.
Q. Does your company help with legal advice about probate matters
A: Yes, our law firm provides free consultations for probate cases.
Q. My mom died and left the house in my name. I sold it and now want to split the proceeds with my sisters.Do I probate?
A: You need to talk to a probate attorney. If you sold the house and your name was on the deed, then there is no need to do probate for the house. But if your mom's name was on the deed, you will most likely need to do probate (don't know how you would sell the house if this is the case).
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Richert Quarles P.A.
Richert Quarles P.A. Blog
Contact & Map
Richert Quarles, P.A.
5801 Ulmerton Road, Suite 100
Clearwater, FL 33760
Telephone: (727) 235-6461
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed