Hi, I'm Jon R. Boyd.
I have practiced Family Law/Divorce for over 40 years in the DFW metroplex and have been a fierce advocate for fair and equal treatment for fathers and men in divorce and family law matters for the last 25 of those years. After many years of practicing in W. Plano/Addison, I have taken a position as a Partner at CottenSchmidt, LLP, in Ft. Worth.
Let my experience, knowledge, loyalty and aggressiveness work for you.
Here are some of the reasons you should hire me:
1. We excel at client service and communication. We promptly return calls, answer emails, give clients immediate news about their case, copy the client on everything and keep you updated regularly on your case status.
2. I have personally handled well over a thousand cases to conclusion, most of which were contested and required trial, including numerous jury trials. I am happy to go to trial for you.
3. I have also attended Mediation with my clients on many occasions and will settle the case if the client prefers.
4. I have extensive experience in high conflict custody matters and high net worth property cases.
5. I have the support of associate attorneys and staff to assist on your case.
6. I will also meet with you in Plano or Granbury if you wish.
7. I am a divorced father of four (now adult) children. I, too, have personally experienced the struggle of obtaining equal parenting rights and significant access to my own children when I divorced.
Call me. No charge to chat about your case long enough to see what you need to do. 817-338-4500.
- University of Houston - Main Campus
- J.D. (1978) | Law Degree
- Southern Methodist University
- B.B.A. | Real Estate, Tax Law
- Cotten Schmidt, LLP
- Head of Family Law Section
- Sole Member/Practitioner
- Boyd Family Law, PLLC
- Over 40 years of practice, I have had partners for some periods of time but have been a Sole Practitioner since 2007.
- Boyd and Boyd, LLP
- Family Law Practice in Far N. Dallas/Addison/W. Plano
- Tarrant Co. Bar Association
- Denton Co. Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- Hood County Bar Associaton
- State Bar of Texas # 02773700
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 02773700
- Federal District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept all major credit cards; good checks; cash.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Nominal Initial Consult Fee of $50.00; Very Competitive Fee Rates and Payment Plans
- Family Law
- English: Spoken, Written