Jonathan May, Esq., M.A. studied communications at the University of Illinois, the University of Miami and Law at Nova Southeastern University. Attorney May developed skills in leadership, teaching, coaching and physical training as a collegiate football coach with the University of Miami, University of Illinois and Florida International University.
Attorney May then became a communications professor and has taught at over sixteen schools in the area. This is a unique background that has helped contribute to his success in the legal field. Most people are not aware that a communications background involves education and the development of skills in many areas that attorneys use everyday. Linguistics helps one with the decisions process of the most appropriate word usage to convey an idea to another person. Literary devices can involve the use of metaphors and analogies that help another person understand a complex idea and help create a comparison of characteristics. Cultural communications helps one to communicate with people of different backgrounds and language styles. Interpersonal communication helps one communicate in a one on one situation and teaches one how to show empathy for others, to react appropriately and supportively and to avoid communication that may be inappropriate for a specific situation. Group communication teaches one about the roles in a group and the many roles that must be filled in order for a group to maximize it's efficiency and effectiveness. Persuasive speaking helps one break down an argument to its core and to analyze its different components and the process to tailoring points for ones specific audience. Informative speaking helps introduce an unknown subject area to an audience. Listening helps one grasp information provided efficiently and to analyze the information.
Attorney May started The Lions' Den directly after graduating law school and has been working to grow the practice ever since.
- Nova Southeastern University
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Activities: Tort Law Society,
- University of Miami
- M.A. (2009) | Communication Studies
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (2006) | Speech Communication
- Activities: Coached the University of Illinois football team and assisted with team operations.
- Volunteer Attorney
- Dade County Put Something Back Pro Bono Project
- I did client consultations and represented indigent clients in probate matters.
- Broward State Attorney
- I assisted Janine Rice in the felony division of domestic battery. I spent everyday in the court room observing trials, hearings and motion calendar.
- Lawyers for Literacy, West Palm Beach Florida
- Lawyers for Literacy
- Lawyers read to grade school children to support reading and it's benefits in everyone's life.
- "Shark Tank" Real Estate Investment, Miami, Florida
- Yellowfin Realty Miami
- I spoke to general investment and real estate professionals concerning investment opportunities and projects occurring in the South Florida area.
- Florida Real Estate License
- Florida Notary
- "People Love Us On Yelp"
- We were recognized for having a perfect rating on yelp.
- Top 3 Divorce Attorneys in Miami
- Three Best Rated
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
It depends on the facts and circumstances of the case.
- Business Law
- International Law
- Real Estate Law
- Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lions Den Attorneys
The Lions' Den Welcome VideoThe Lions' Den, Attorneys at Law
A video introduction with The Lions' Den, Attorneys at Law in Miami, Florida. The Lions Den focuses on civil litigation, divorce, family law, contract disputes and much more. Please visit our webpage www.lionsdenattorneys.com.