top of my law school class and opened my own office in downtown Sacramento in 1997. I've been running my own law office for almost 20 years now. I handle DUI Defense, Criminal Defense, and Personal Injury cases. I've won every case I’ve set for trial in the past 15 years. I offer a personal service and I have a passion for defending my clients - to protect them from the disruption and life changing aspects of criminal charges. I respect my clients and understand they are counting on me to do the best job possible, to communicate well, to work hard on their case, and to tell them the truth and what to expect well in advance of any consequences to their current situation. My job is to try to change the outcome of their case, to mitigate the outcome in provable cases, and to protect their future, and their current jobs to best of my ability.
- Lincoln Law School
- Law Degree
- Sole Practitioner
- Private Practice
- - Current
- I opened my own law practice in downtown Sacramento in 1997.
- Sacramento County Public Defender's Office
- After working for more than a year as a certified law student, I was hired as an attorney for one year before opening my own practice.
- Law Clerk
- State of California DOJ - Office of the Attorney General
- I worked in litigation support and wrote five criminal appeals that were confirmed by the appellate courts.
- California State Bar # 186152
- - Current
- Free Consultation
Call me at (916) 730-5251 and I'll discuss your case with you in detail.
- Credit Cards Accepted
I accept all major credit cards
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
For DUI's, I charge a lower up front fee than other Sacramento attorneys with my experience and skills. Why would I charge a client for a suppression motion (PC1538) for example before I review the evidence and make recommendations. I haven't lost a jury trial in 15 years, but only recommend trials when they make sense and my client has a good chance of prevailing.
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Gov & Administrative Law
- English: Spoken, Written
- Joe Hougnon, Attorney at Law