Free Consultation: (617) 573-5867Tap to Call This Lawyer
Joshua H. Bearce

Joshua H. Bearce

Excellence in Execution
  • Probate
  • Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I am a litigator who focuses my practice in probate and fiduciary litigation, including: will and trust challenges involving allegations of undue influence, incompetency, and fraud; breach of fiduciary duty and removal actions; guardianships and conservatorships; contested accountings; trust and estate property disputes; partition actions; and other probate and fiduciary litigation matters.

In my practice, I represent individuals, families, and corporate fiduciaries, as trustees, personal representatives, administrators, and beneficiaries.

My clients come from a variety of diverse backgrounds. I personally believe that every client, regardless of their circumstances, deserves the best legal representation. I respect the trust my clients have placed in me during these difficult time periods and I strive to handle their cases with compassion and expertise.

I strongly believe in resolving issues outside of the courtroom. However, I acknowledge that many issues cannot be resolved without court intervention. I take pride in my ability to present my client’s case to the Court in the most persuasive and prepared manner to obtain their desired result. If I am granted the opportunity to serve as your counsel, I look forward to working with you.

Boston University School of Law
J.D. (2014) | Law
Boston University School of Law Logo
Suffolk University
B.A. (2011) | English & Philosophy
Honors: magna cum laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Probate and Fiduciary Litigation Attorney
Holland & Knight, LLP
- Current
Probate and Fiduciary Litigation Associate
Goulston & Storrs, PC
Litigation Associate
Devine Millimet
Associate Attorney
Black, Vitelli & Pennock, LLC
Associate Attorney
Law Office of Wyckoff Nissenbaum
Law Clerk
Winston Law Group, L.L.C.
Law Clerk
Levitt Law Group, L.L.C.
Research Assistant
Boston University School of Law
Legal Intern
Middlesex Probate and Family Court
Articles & Publications
Probate & Fiduciary Litigation Newsletter
Goulston & Storrs
A Practical Guide to Divorce in New Hampshire, Contributing Author
Superb Rating
5.0/5.0 Client Reviewed
Top Tier Lawyers
American Trial Academy
Top 10 Attorneys Under 40
National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys
Lifetime Achievement Award
Premier Lawyers of America
Top 40 Under 40
American Academy of Attorneys
10 Best
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
Top 10 Attorney
Attorney and Practice Magazine
Clients' Choice Award
Professional Associations
New Hampshire Bar Association  # 266168
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Essex Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Boston Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Hampshire
New Hampshire Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Area
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. My brother has filed for Informal probate of my Mom's Will without giving me a copy of the Will. Do I need a lawyer?
A: If your brother filed an informal probate, then he had to file a copy of your mother's Last Will and Testament. You can request to see a copy of your mother's estate case at the Probate and Family Court. This will allow you to see the Last Will and Testament and obtain a copy of it. You may also be able to do this online. With regard to your question, if your brother is not trustworthy, then I would suggest that you get an attorney. Good luck.
Q. Unmarried and separated with three kids. As a single mother, what are my rights an what can I do?
A: You can file three Complaints for Custody-Support-Parenting Time in the Middlesex Probate and Family Court. You can seek to waive the filing fees if you have a low income. After you have filed, I would suggest filing a motion for temporary orders to obtain an award of child support from the children's father, as well as the establishment of a parenting plan. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law to discuss your options further. Good luck.
Q. Im a dad my 12 year old daughter has been hit with her phone,punched repeatedly is this enough for me to get an attorney
A: This question cannot be fully answered without more information. If there are allegations of physical abuse, and she does not want to live with her Mother, then you can file a complaint for modification with the Court seeking to obtain custody of her. I would suggest you also file a motion for the appointment of a Guardian Ad Litem to ascertain the parenting plan that it is your daughter's best interests. The GAL will likely interview your daughter and if she states she wants to live with you, it will help you obtain custody. I suggest you speak with an attorney who specializes in family law/child custody to discuss your options further. Good luck.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Joshua Bearce's Firm Profile
Contact & Map
Holland & Knight, LLP
Boston Office
10 St. James Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
Telephone: (617) 573-5867
Fax: (617) 523-6850