Claimed Lawyer Profile
A native of Fort Smith, Arkansas, Joshua W. Bugeja has a passion for providing quality legal services at affordable prices. Mr. Bugeja is willing to travel across Northwest Arkansas for little to no additional charge.
- University of Tulsa College of Law
- J.D. / Law
- Activities: Student Bar Association Member, Board of Advocates Member, Interstate Law Society Member
- University of Central Arkansas
- B.A. / Writing Major, Philosophy Minor
- Activities: U.C.A. Judicial Board Member, Model U.N.
- Southside High School
- High School Diploma (2002)
- Conflicts Attorney (part-time)
- Arkansas Public Defender Commission
- - Current
- As a part-time Public Defender, I represent criminal clients who are unable to afford legal representation on their own. Since this is a part-time position, I still operate my private law practice and am available for hire in a variety of practice areas.
- Owner/Attorney (primary position)
- Bugeja Law Firm
- - Current
- I represent private clients in a variety of civil and criminal matters. This is my primary position, despite also working for the Public Defender Commission part-time.
- Associate Attorney
- Meadors Law Firm
- Due to the Meadors Law Firm closing at the end of June 2012, I went back to operating my own law firm.
- Food Tax Forum - Proposed 1% Prepared Food Tax, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- League of Women Voters
- Being LGBT in Arkansas: Legal Concerns and Complications, River Valley Pride: Presenters and Poets, Fort Smith, Arkansas
- River Valley Equality Center
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Lawyers in Arkansas
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Less than 1.5% of lawyers nationwide are selected each year. More about the selection process can be found here: https://www.societyoflegaladvocates.org/selection-process/
- Sebastian County Bar Association
- - Current
- Arkansas Bar Association
- Arkansas Board of Realtors
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- Free Consultation
30 minute free initial consultation with appointment.
- Contingent Fees
Auto-Accidents are always "no win, no fee"; A small number of other cases may be contingent upon outcome as well.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
To get started on your matter, I accept cash, check, and money order. Depending on the work involved, I am usually able to provide my services at a reasonable up front retainer and affordable monthly payment plan. I offer a 10% military discount on attorney's fees for all hourly/flat fee cases.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Social Security Disability/SSI
- Personal Injury
- Education Law
- Civil Rights
Additional Practice Areas
- Auto Accident
- Civil Litigation
- English: Spoken, Written
Contact & Map