Joy Yanagida started Yanagida & Associates in 1991, specializing in business law, real estate disputes, and family law. She received her J.D. from the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California at Berkeley and her A.B. with distinction from Stanford University.
She is admitted to practice law in Hawaii, the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. She also is an inactive member of the California and District of Columbia bars.
Before starting Yanagida & Associates, Ms. Yanagida served in these positions:
* Associated with Dickstein, Shapiro & Morin in Washington, D.C.
* Of counsel, Center for International Environmental Law, Washington D.C.
* Staff attorney, Task Force on Iran Contra Matters (Tower Commission)
* Attorney-adviser, U.S. State Department Office of the Legal Adviser
- UC Berkeley - Boalt Hall
- Hawaii State Bar
- - Current
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law