Free Consultation: (252) 378-9293Tap to Call This Lawyer
Juan Antonio Arreola

Juan Antonio Arreola

  • Immigration Law, Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
North Carolina Central University School of Law
J.D. (2017) | Law
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
North Carolina Wesleyan College
B.A. (2010) | History
Honors: Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
North Carolina State Bar  # 52011
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    DUI & DWI
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. If a mother is going to be US citizen but her under 18 years old son don't want to is he still automatically going tobe
A: You pose an interesting question. Is there any particular reason as to why the son does not want to become a U.S. citizen?

Derivative citizenship is very complex and case specific. However, as a general rule a minor, under 18 years of age, automatically acquires U.S. citizenship if (1) the minor is a greencard holder, (2) at least one parent becomes a naturalized U.S. citizen, and (3) the child is residing in the USA in the physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent.

There are many, many benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen. You and your son should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your son's options.
Q. My I-485 application was denied. I’m doing a refile. Do I need to have a new medical record?
A: A refiled application should be filed as if it is being filed for the first time with all of the required initial evidence, including a valid medical exam and new filing fees. Keep in mind, if your application was denied once, it is likely that you will be placed in removal proceedings soon, as that is the standard procedure (at least here in the Carolinas). In addition, the new public charge rule takes effect on February 24th and will make the greencard process much more complex.

You should contact an experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case.
Q. Can I move to another state for work relocation and leave my spouse in another state under condition green card?
A: To remove the conditions on your permanent residence, petitioners must prove that they did not get married to evade immigration laws. While living apart from a spouse due to employment or educational opportunities and/or obligations certainly will make that more difficult, it is a factor that can be overcome.

You should contact an experienced attorney for legal assistance and advice specific to your case, as these type of matters can be very complex.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Arreola Law Office, PLLC
400 Seven Hills Annex Road W
Suite B
Wilson, NC 27893
Telephone: (252) 378-9293
Arreola Law Office, PLLC
8801 Fast Park Drive
Suite 301
Raleigh, NC 27893
Telephone: (252) 378-9293
Fax: (252) 379-0203