St. Louis-based intellectual property attorney serving clients nationwide. I help clients protect and grow their brands, identify and enforce their intellectual property rights, and develop their trademark portfolios. My clients range from entrepreneurs and startups to large corporations, and everything in between.
A company’s trademarks and copyrights are often among its most valuable assets. Given the business and competitive importance of intellectual property, effective portfolio development and management are critical to maximizing and protecting the value of a company's brands. I provide counsel on a wide variety of issues related to intellectual property, technology, and privacy law, offering practical business services including:
- Trademark selection, clearance, and prosecution
- Policing and responding to intellectual property infringement
- Intellectual property licensing and royalty agreements
- Trademark settlement, consent-to-use, and coexistence agreements
- Social media advertising, marketing, and corporate best practices
- Co-branding, cross-promotions, and strategic partnerships
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act and online marketplace takedowns
- Trade secret and confidential information transactions and enforcement
- Intellectual property audits and due diligence in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and collateralization
- Data privacy policies, risk management, and compliance strategies
I received my J.D. from Seattle University School of Law and my LL.M. in Intellectual Property & Technology Law from Washington University School of Law.