Kara is a 2009 graduate of the University of Kentucky where she earned a Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, in Communication and a minor in Psychology. Kara graduated manga cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University in 2014. She was one of only two students in her graduating class to earn a Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy, which represents leadership skills and coursework emphasizing written and oral advocacy, pre-trial and trial skills and alternative dispute resolution.
Kara was very active in law school, serving as a member of the Moot Court Board, the Executive Board of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and as Student Representatives for LexisNexis and BARBRI bar review. While in law school, she worked as a law clerk at a personal injury firm, spent a summer in the litigation department at GE Aviation, and completed externships at the Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney and the Kentucky Court of Appeals.
Kara joined The Lawrence Firm shortly after graduating from law school. Her practice includes representing those injured as a result of medical malpractice, automobile accidents and other personal injury incidents. Kara also has a special interest in state and federal civil rights matters, including denial of medical care and injury to inmates while incarcerated.
Kara is currently a member of the Executive Board of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Section (YLS) and is co-chair of both the YLS Membership Committee and Judicial Reception Committee. She also volunteers as a pro bono attorney with Legal Aid of the Bluegrass assisting clients with divorce and expungement.
Kara grew up in the Lexington area and is a huge Kentucky basketball fan. She currently resides in Bellevue.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy
- University of Kentucky
- B.A. (2009) | Mass Communication, Psychology
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA
- Associate Attorney
- The Lawrence Firm, PSC
- - Current
- Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- Kentucky Bar Association # 96479
- Ohio State Bar # 0092220
- American Association for Justice
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Executive Board
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- 6th Circuit
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights