Unique and Unconventional.
Unlike many other lawyers, I had the privilege of working outside the legal profession, giving me the perspective of real world issues from the lenses of my clients.
Before becoming a lawyer, during the late 1980s and early 1990s, I held several positions in sales for various Fortune 1000 companies. I gained significant insight and experience that to this day, cultivates the manner in which I deliver legal services to my clients. I believe that consultative guidance is necessary, whether it's resolving a business transaction or litigating a personal injury claim.
I am a son, husband, father, "pops", friend, fraternity brother and most importantly, spiritually guided in my life endeavors.
I spend my free time enjoying the many bonds and ties that I have established within my community of family and friends. I am also an avid boater.
My legal career began at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Corporation Finance, after seven years working as a securities sales professional in the financial services arena. From there, I spent a combination of fourteen years in various senior roles in the legal departments of well established public companies, namely, Nextel Communications, Inc. Fannie Mae and Watson Wyatt Worldwide, Inc.
In 1998, I also started, operated and eventually sold a coffebar in Virginia, which gained local notoriety for delivering a customer experience that rivaled some of the more famous coffeehouses that exist today.
In 2011, I embarked on a journey to deliver legal services that would touch people in a manner that would help them in achieving their dream of launching a business, growing their business and protecting their assets. It also morphed into helping people maximize their opportunity to be compensated when they or a loved one was injured or fatally wounded.
Helping people is what CHEN Law, LLC is devoted to accomplishing. Give me a call today to discuss your needs.
- University of Baltimore School of Law
- J.D. (1994)
- Editor in Chief, University of Baltimore School of Law – Law Forum
- Ohio University
- B.B.A. (1985) | Finance
- CHEN Law, LLC
- Senior Counsel
- Towers Watson & Co. (f/k/a Watson Wyatt Worldwide)
- Corporate Attorney responsible for securities reporting and compliance for publicly-traded company and lead counsel for investment adviser division. Served as part of the M&A team in the $3.5 billion merger of Towers Perrin and Watson Wyatt Worldwide.
- Associate General Counsel Securities Compliance
- Fannie Mae
- Developed, Implemented and Monitored Compliance Plans for several business units within Fannie Mae.
- Special Counsel
- Nextel Communications, Inc.
- Corporate Attorney handling securities reporting and compliance, transactional, marketing and advertising matters.
- U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission
- Attorney in the Division of Corporation Finance with responsibility of review of IPOs, M&A, shareholder proposals, proxy statement reviews and providing comments to registrants and their respective counsels to ensure disclosure conformed with securities rules and regulations.
- Washington Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- The American Association For Justice (AAJ)
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- - Current
- Maryland State Bar Association
- - Current
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- Free Consultation
- Personal Injury
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Securities Law
- English: Spoken, Written