Kathy Elder focused her legal career on Guardianship Law, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Medicare and Medicaid Benefit issues. She has served as a legal guardian for multiple individuals and their estates. She is a former President of the San Antonio Bar Association’s Elder Law Section (SABA-ELS), and the honored recipient of the Barbara Kishpaugh Elder Advocate Award 2013.
Prior to practicing law, Kathy worked as a registered nurse in a variety of professional healthcare leadership roles. She held positions as Director of Case Management, Director of Quality Management and served on various medical staff and hospital executive committees.
Kathy is a member of the State Bar of Texas, member of the State Bar of Texas Health Law Section, and Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law Section. She is a member of the San Antonio Bar Association (SABA), the SABA Elder Law Section.
- St. Mary's University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- University of the Incarnate Word
- B.B.A. (2000)
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Baptist Memorial School of Professional Nursing
- Diploma in Nursing (1977) | Nursing
- Texas State Bar  # 24048447
- - Current
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests