Ken Bovard's practice, which spans just over four decades, emphasizes commercial law and finance, asset-based lending, real estate secured transactions, sales and leasing of real property and personal property, corporate finance, consumer credit, and related financial transactions.
Ken has extensive experience in representing banks, commercial finance lenders, savings associations, mortgage bankers, and factors in financial transactions, licensing and regulatory matters. He also represents major motor vehicle manufacturers and their wholesale financing subsidiaries in distributorship and franchise matters, flooring financing, and retail financing transactions.
Ken represents creditors in all aspects of commercial finance transactions, including the creation, perfection and enforcement of security interests, and negotiating, structuring and documenting commercial loans, syndicated transactions, intercreditor agreements, and participation agreements. He handles problem loan workouts, restructuring of commercial loans, mixed collateral issues, default remedies, judicial and non judicial foreclosures, receiverships, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) sales and disposition of collateral following default, and bankruptcy strategies.
In addition to secured transactions under Article 9 of the UCC, he advises clients in all matters covered by the UCC, including sales of goods, negotiable instruments, banking operations, letters of credit, documents of title, control of securities, equipment leasing, and fund transfers.
Ken has business experience and a legal background that includes positions as general counsel to major financial institutions and President of a federal savings association. He is able to draw upon this unique blend of business and legal experience in providing exceptional service to his clients.
- University of San Diego School of Law
- University of California Berkeley
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- "Lending Practices Under Revised UCC Article 9," Commercial Finance Roundtable, presentation to clients
- "Revised UCC Article 9: Default and Enforcement; Rights, Remedies and Obligations of Secured Parties," presentation to Union Bank of California
- "Revised UCC Article 9: Creating and Perfecting Security Interests," presentation to Hawthorne Savings Bank
- "Revised UCC Article 9: Creating and Perfecting Security Interests," presentation to Kawasaki Motors Finance Corporation and Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
- Presenter, "Commercial Lending in California," National Business Institute
- Attorneys' Committee of Western League of Savings Institutions
- Former Chairman
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Financial Lawyers Conference
- The State Bar of California
- Business Law
- Kenneth C. Bovard's Website Profile
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP Website
- JMBM Articles