Profile Image Placeholder

Kenneth Copple

  • Agricultural Law, Bankruptcy
Claimed Lawyer Profile

Ken Copple graduated from the University of Nebraska College of Law in 1980. Mr. Copple practiced law in Lincoln, Nebraska in the early 1980s. In 1985 he moved to Ft. Collins in order to attend the Masters of Agriculture program at Colorado State University. He obtained the Masters of Agriculture Degree in 1987, with a focus on agricultural business and policy. He opened his law practice in Ft. Collins in 1987. Mr Copple taught the agricutural law course at Colorado State University in the late 1980s and early 1990s.He has continued to participate as a guest lecturer several times each semester, through the 2008 2009 school year

Mr. Copple's practice emphasizes agricultural and bankruptcy law including the following areas:

Bankruptcy- Mr. Copple has represented dairies, ranches and family farms in chapter 11 and chapter 12 cases since 1988. Many of these cases have resulted in a confirmed plan of reorganization and a successful discharge. Mr. Copple sometimes appeals decisions of the Colorado Bankruptcy Court to the U.S. Federal Court. See, for example, In Re Baskerville, 93 B.R. 251 (D.Colo 1988).

Agri-Business Litigation- Mr. Copple has represented agri-business clients in various forms of litigation, such as litigation against chemical applicators and disputes with lenders. See, for example, Miller v. Rowtech at 3 P.3rd 492.

Water Law- Mr.Copple has represented clients in various water disputes. In 2006 he appeared before the Colorado Supreme Court in a water case involving a dispute between surface rights and ground water rights. See Gallegos v. Colorado Ground Water Com'n at 147 P.3rd 20.

Mr. Copple is a memeber of the Colorado Bar Association and the Larimer County Bar. He is also a memeber of the Agriculturre and Rural Law section of the Bar Association.

Practice Areas
    Agricultural Law
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Contact & Map
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Telephone: (970) 490 2882