Free Consultation: (801) 210-1058Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth Prigmore

Kenneth Prigmore

Prigmore Law, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Business Law
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ken Prigmore owns his firm and has been practicing social security, Real Estate Law, Trusts/Estates, Wills, Contracts, and Corporate law in the state of Utah for over 12 years.

If you obtain your Estate Plan at Prigmore Law, you will pay less than you would at larger law firms in cities to the North. A higher price does not equate with higher quality legal documents. The laws are the same no matter what you pay. I have reviewed Estate Plans that clients purchased for several thousand dollars that failed to properly manage and distribute the estate. Some plans are quite showy, but turn out to be burdensome and complicated to manage. Often the most complicated and involved plans are the least useful.

When he isn't at work, you can usually find him swimming at the Rec Center or spending time with his family. Ken's professional accomplishments include presiding over two Attorney training groups in his field. His favorite local vacation spot is St. George, Utah. His favorite location to attend a Federal hearing (and go snorkeling) is Kona, Hawaii. Ken is put off by high-pressure sales which makes him careful to give his clients pressure-free options and advice.

University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Honors: Dean's List
University of Oklahoma College of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. | English
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Experience
Solo Attorney
Prigmore Law, PLLC
- Current
Solo Attorney
Wasatch Disability Law, PLLC
Representing clients seeking Social Security Disability benefits.
Managing Attorney
Utah Disability Law
Practicing Social Security Disability law.
Associate Attorney
Jeffs & Jeffs, P.C.
Representing clients in Social Security claims, drafting estate planning documents, creating corporations, drafting contracts, researching real estate issues.
Associate Attorney
Reneer and Associates
Drafting motions and representing clients at hearings and at trial.
Clerk / Associate Attorney
Hughes and Morley
Meeting with clients. Drafting contracts. Representing clients at hearings.
Articles & Publications
"Should My Client Apply for Social Security Disability?"
Utah Trial Journal
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar  # 11232
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Utah Association for Justice
President of the Social Security Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Wasatch Front American Inn of Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Legal Answers
Q. Can my parents kick me out at 17 if I have aspergers and they use me for income
A: Your parents are responsible for you until you are age 18. The New Jersey Department of Children and Families (DCF) will definitely help with your situation. Your parents will be told their responsibility and they will learn what consequences are possible for failure to help you. On their website, they define Child Abuse and Neglect as: Abuse Abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional harm or risk of harm to a child under the age of 18 caused by a parent or other person who acts as a caregiver for the child. Neglect Neglect occurs when a parent or caregiver fails to provide proper supervision for a child or adequate food, clothing, shelter, education or medical care although financially able or assisted to do so. Being kicked out of your home is a form of neglect. You can contact DCF for help here: 1-877-652-2873 You definitely have rights as a minor to "adequate food, clothing, shelter, education or medical care". Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. My office is several states away, so I am unable to do more.
Q. My son father died right after winning his battle against social security. He was awarded about 90,000.
A: At death, back pay is owed to the deceased person's estate. The estate will get distributed by will or Trust, if he had them. If he doesn't have them state law will determine what happens to his estate. I don't know which state the father was living in when he died, but most, if not all, states will give it to the person's spouse and children. Your wording suggests you were not currently married to the deceased, so that complicates things, and each state handles this differently. Some states will give a significant portion to the current spouse prior to death. You will want to start by talking to a probate attorney licensed to practice in the state where the father lived at his death. Keep in mind that attorneys don't know if they can help you until you tell them your situation. This means attorneys will normally do a free consultation to find out what they can do for you.
Q. Hello I am on SSDI and I was wondering if sweepstake prizes redemptions need to be reported to SSA? I'm under the......
A: So there are two Social Security sources of disability income. Need based disability and prior income based disability. If your income is need based disability, (meaning you didn't have enough past work to qualify for income based disability) then any money is part of the calculation whether you qualify for need based income. If you win $3,000 and put it in the bank, you will be temporarily disqualified from need based SSDI until you spend down the money below the max allowed. If you have prior income based disability, then you are probably fine. SSA determines this by whether you can work or not. Winning sweepstakes does not count as work. Some people have plenty of money in the bank, but their current inability to work qualifies them to receive SSDI monthly payments.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Prigmore Law
Contact & Map
Prigmore Law, PLLC
946 N 200 E
Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Telephone: (801) 210-1058
Cell: (801) 210-1058