Free Consultation: (517) 258-8020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V Zichi

Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Real Estate Law ...
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Helping Livingston County residents navigate the legal system for 30 years. I focus on Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate, with a significant portion of my practice also concerning Real Estate and general civil litigation. If you have questions or issues with your home, a cabin up north, or want to insure your family is cared for after you are gone, I'd be happy to meet with you, perhaps bust some myths, and certainly insure YOUR and your family's needs are met. Call for an appointment today!

University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A.B. | History / Communications
Honors: LS&A Honors College 1977-1979
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Experience
Kenneth V . Zichi J.D.
- Current
City of Williamston (Michigan)
Speaking Engagements
Newsroom Seminar, WNEM TV/AM - Saginaw MI
State Bar of Michigan - Law & Media committee
An hour-long seminar addressing some of the common practical and substantive difficulties journalists encounter in covering the legal system in Michigan.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Michigan
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
estate and probate section Michigan bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Law and Media committee - State Bar of Michigan
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Telephone [(810) 299-5222] or office conferences, 20 minutes or less. Longer conferences may incur a minimal fee.
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Elder Law
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Insurance Claims
Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Landlord Tenant
Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. If a quit claim deed doesn’t say rights of survivorship is it void?
A: A deed does not HAVE to reference survivorship to be ‘valid’ but it WILL impacct HOW it works.

Without seeing the deed and understanding exactly what your question is, an answer is impossible though.

I’d urge you to bring the document(s) to a licensed local attorney to review. Short of that — we’re shooting in the dark!
Q. My family home has been left to me. How do I get my name on the deed? The deed is clear. What do I do now?
A: That depends on how it was 'left' to you.

By a ladybird deed? Record the appropriate death certificate(s) and property transfer affidavits with the appropriate agencies.

By Will? Probate the estate and the PR can transfer by deed.

Some other way? Some other procedure probably.

You need to take your question to a qualified licensed local attorney to review all the facts and provide specific advice of what to do next.

That said, paying any back taxes ASAP is a good first step no matter what, so you're on the right track, but there will be details that shouldn't necessarily be shared in a public forum like this that will impact the next steps. Seek that local legal representation! ... Read More
Q. My disabled/wheelchair,homebound father received a "notice to quit"No reason stated, other was marked.
A: Michigan is not one of those 'many' areas the California lawyer mentions that provide 'special protections'.

Absent a showing that the eviction was 'retaliatory' or 'discriminatory' in a way protected under Michigan law, a landlord is not FORCED to rent or continue to rent to anyone if the lease is expired. If it is month to month, then the tenancy can be terminated with a '30 day notice' at any time for any or no reason so long as it doesn't violate public policy.

If you can PROVE that your father is being discriminated against because of race, sexual orientation, disability or some other protected class, then you may be able to object, but your father's BEST option is to find alternate housing ASAP and perhaps ask for some additional time to move because his disabilities make it difficult to move quickly.

Bottom line: hire a local licensed attorney in the county where the property is located to look over all the circumstances of the eviction, and follow whatever advice that lawyer can provide. There are technicalities that may delay things a bit, but likely you're going to have to move. The suggestion to find appropriate social service agencies is a good one however as they may be able to provide insight into what local resources are available.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
1360 W. Grand River Ave, Howell MI
PO Box 1121
Fowlerville, MI 48836
Telephone: (810) 299-5222
Cell: (517) 258-8020
Monday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 2:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Please call for either an in person or 'zoom' appointment. Conferences beyond an initial phone screening by appointment only.
1360 W. Grand River Ave
Howell, MI 48843
Toll-Free: (517) 258-8020
Cell: (810) 299-5222
Brighton Phone
Brighton, MI 48116
Telephone: (810) 299-5222