Kerith Strano Taylor, Esquire, has been practicing family law in Jefferson County, Pennsylvania since 2001 and has served as Guardian ad Litem for Jefferson County since 2004. Kerith has been an active member of the Statewide Children's Roundtable Initiative, since it was created by Supreme Court Justice Max Baer in 2006. She currently sits on the Jefferson County Children’s Roundtable, the regional Leadership Roundtable 7, and the Statewide Children’s Roundtable. In addition, Kerith served on the Children’s Roundtable Summit Planning Committee in 2009 and 2010.
Kerith was appointed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to the Juvenile Court Procedural Rules Committee. She was recently elected to serve as School Board Director for the Brookville Area School District.
As a member of the Children’s Roundtable Initiative Legal Representation Workgroup, she helped develop and design affordable, accessible, and timely training for Guardians ad Litem across the state. She was a presenter for the Core Training for Legal Representatives which trained 350 Guardians ad Litem and Parent’s Attorneys across the Commonwealth throughout 2011.
Kerith received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from The Pennsylvania State University in 1996. After two years working in government affairs in Washington D.C., she enrolled at George Mason University School of Law and received her law degree in 2001.
- George Mason University School of Law
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board Best Oral Advocate-GMUSL Upper Class Appellate Competition, November 1999 First Place Plaintiff-GMUSL First Year Moot Court Competition, March 1999
- Pennsylvania State University - University Park
- B.A. | Political Science
- Minor in Russian Language and History
- Pennsylvania State University - DuBois
- Founding Member
- The Taylor Law Firm
- - Current
- Focused practice in family law, including child custody, divorce and spousal support. Appointed Guardian ad Litem, Jefferson County Dependency Court since 2004.
- Law Clerk
- Keller and Heckman, LLP, Washington D.C.
- Drafted legal briefs, comments, complaints and responses on behalf of clients involved in OSHA citation contests. Created educational presentations on various labor and employment topics for clients.
- Taxes, Tariffs, and Other Regulatory Barriers to Electronic Commerce
- Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Pennsylvania Children's Roundtable Initiative-Statewide Roundtable
- - Current
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Juvenile Court Procedural Rules Committee
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Modest consultation fee and retainers are developed according to the needs of the client and the complexity of the case.
- Domestic Violence
- Family Law
- Juvenile Law
- Child Custody