- Insurance Defense, Intellectual Property, Legal Malpractice ...
- California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island
My practice focuses on civil litigation but I also provide counsel to clients involved in business and real estate transactions, aviation matters, employment matters, intellectual property, regulatory compliance, and risk management. I have significant experience in the defense of insurers in both coverage and bad faith matters and have defended insureds in a myriad of general liability, product liability, professional liability, construction, environmental, and toxic tort cases.
I have litigated shareholder disputes, business torts, antitrust matters, contract disputes, and employment matters. I have also handled intellectual property cases including the prosecution of copyright and trademark applications, enforcement of trademarks, copyrights, domain name disputes, protection of trade secrets, and patent infringement claims. I am a registered patent attorney.
In the area of professional liability, I have defended law firms and individual lawyers, including significant experience defending specialized practitioners such as patent lawyers and tax attorneys. I have also defended real estate brokers, securities brokers, registered investment advisors, insurance brokers, architects, engineers and psychologists.
I have incorporated my experience as a licensed private pilot in the representation of airlines, fixed base operators, repair facilities, flight instructors, and aviation insurers in civil matters and before the NTSB in FAA enforcement actions. I serve as panel counsel for the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association ("AOPA").
I have tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts in Massachusetts, Rhode Island and in Federal Court in the Northern District of New York.
Specialties: Aviation, Antitrust, Business Litigation, Construction, Employment, Insurance Coverage; Insurance Bad Faith; Intellectual Property, Litigation, Personal Injury, Product Liability, Professional Liability, Real Estate.
- Boston College Law School
- J.D. (1987) | Law
- Honors: cum laude
- Boston College
- B.S. (1984) | Finance/Philosophy
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- State Bar of California
- ID Number: 200157
- Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- ID Number: 550055
- Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- ID Number: 3960
- 1st Circuit
- Contingent Fees
- Insurance Defense
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Civil Litigation