Free Consultation: (208) 805-9880Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kevin M Rogers

Kevin M Rogers

My practice is limited to the courtroom, which what you want, isn't it?
  • Divorce, Bankruptcy, Family Law ...
  • Idaho, Oregon
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Idaho native who understands Idaho and its people and officials. Attended schools in Boise, Idaho and Utah, graduating from Borah High School with a 3.8 GPA and a B.A. from Brigham Young University and J.D. from BYU Law School. Note Editor of the Journal of Public Law.
Seasoned attorney with 25 years experience. I am a trial lawyer. That means that in any area of law, whether it be divorces, custody issues, criminal cases, and you can't settle before trial, you want an experienced attorney who knows the court rules and the law; knows how to pick a jury and knows when to speak up and when to shut up. If you are going through a divorce and concerned about your rights and have only their best interests in mind, and not your own, then I am the lawyer you want in court with you.

If you have been stopped by police and charged with a crime and don't think police treated you fairly or are worried about what will happen now? Will I be able to bond out? How will this affect my job, my family, my ability to continue to work, then I am the lawyer you want in court with you.

Things happen in life that you can't predict. You need a lawyer who knows the law, knows the judges, knows the lawyers and wants only what is best for you. I will answer the phone when you call; I will meet with you personally and listen to you. If you are at a point in life where you need some help and need a lawyer, please give me a call. Office: 208-207-2495
Cell: 208-805-9880

Brigham Young University
J.D. (1989) | Korean Language, Political Science
Honors: Academic Scholarship
Activities: Debate, Moot Court
Brigham Young University Logo
J. Ruben Clark Law School
J.D. (1989) | Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure, Torts, Bankruptcy I & II, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Remedies
Most criminal defense and bankruptcy cases will operate on a flat fee basis. All custody matters and other litigation matters will operate on a non-refundable retainer basis plus an hourly rate billing.
Honors: Note Editor: Journal of Publc Law
Activities: Engaged in drafting contracts, custody proceedings, business litigation, legal advise and counsel; appearances and litigation in courtrooms.
Placeholder image for education.
Brigham Young University
B.A. (1986) | Political Science, statistics, Korean language
Wanted to become a physician but the law became of interest to me in a freak accident where my 2 yr. old son Michael had pulled himself up onto a metal folding chair in Sunday School class and in doing so, the chair folded up on his finger, cutting it off. We rushed the lad to UC Davis Hospital where he was triaged behind those drunks who had fallen down after biting their lips etc., and I was enraged. Here was my little boy losing his finger as I struggled to hold the tip to the exposed bone, horrified watching as it dried out. At last a cart with saline went by and I grabbed it and began squirting the finger tip with saline. Ultimately he was seen and the finger was saved. However, when I wrote the LDS Church and asked if they would please remove all such sharp, folding chairs from their buildings to keep the same thing from happening again, i was poo-pooed and told that the Church is self-funded and does not have a liability policy, to which my response was "well isn't that too bad, because all I asked you to do is remove similar chairs to prevent a similar occurrence from repeating itself and all you tell me is "let us do our jobs." I was furious and vowed that day to sue the Church. It was this experience that led me to become an attorney. Too many people are victims of crimes and negligence. They are in need of an advocate. I have spent my career advocating for people.
Honors: Note Editor for the Journal of Public Health
Activities: Extensive studies into the history of the LDS Church which led me to ask to have my name removed.
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Experience
Idaho State Bar Association, Inns of Court
Articles & Publications
Comment: What Level of Intent is Required To Prove Inequitable Conduct
The BYU Journal of Public Law (Note Editor)
Inconsistent Standards of Substantive Due Process in Economic Regulations
The BYU Journal of Public Law (Note Editor)
Professional Associations
Idaho State Bar  # 4076
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Oregon State Bar
ID Number: Pro hac vice, case by case. Not admitted to Oregon Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I will accept credit cards. There is a 2.75% fee in addition to the fees quoted when using a credit card.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Criminal defense, adoptions, bankruptcy, most business issues are amenable to a "flat fee" for services I provide. This means I will charge you a one-time fee to represent you and that's all the money you will pay.
Practice Areas
    Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    DUI & DWI
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
  • Korean: Spoken
Legal Answers
Q. Am I responsible to store ex's personal belongings that he was to make arrangements to have picked up w/in 90 days
A: As to your ex’s belongings. What I recommend is that you send him a letter, while he’s in jail, telling him that he has 30 days to have someone (preferably family) pick up his belongings and that if no one comes within 30 days, you will dispose of his things as you see fit. As to your responsibility to pay equity: there is no statute of limitations. What your ex or his attorney will send you, following your payment, is a Quit Claim Deed, transferring ANY or ALL of ex’s interest in the property - to YOU. This will give you 100% of the equity in the home.
Q. my husband in in jail for two days and will be brought to the court tomorrow. He has got dimentia or some disfunction
A: Idaho Code allows a Petitioner to seek out a Civil Protection Order. All you need to do is go into the Clerk's Office and ask for Civil Protection papers, and the Clerk will give them to you. They might even have a "Court Assistance Office" to help you fill out the papers. Once filled out, give the papers back to the Clerk. She will take them directly to the "On Call" judge. He will look at them personally. If the papers demonstrate that you are truly in fear for your safety, the judge will issue the CPO. He will direct the Sheriff's Office to serve the papers on your husband. The papers will give your husband 30 minutes to grab what he can grab, and vacate your home. If he tries to come home or calls you, he faces another charge of Violation of a CPO, which carries up to a year in jail and up to a $1,000 fine. All you have to do if you see your husband, is dial 911. Good luck to you!
Q. What does a officer mean by not enough substantial evidence but still has to write a report? Could it be dismissed?
A: When family fights happen, the responding officer has to be a "fact finder" in the field. His agency might have a regulation he has to follow, to "write a report on every domestic call." That may be why he told you that he is going to "write a report." His "report" however, doesnt'' go in the trash can, at least right away. It will be "reviewed" by a deputy prosecutor, assigned to review this kind of report. If that deputy prosecutor, however, doesn't see how a jury could EVER convict your husband of "battery," then it will amount to NOTHING. Unfortunately, too, the Prosecutor's Office is probably going to inform your sister that "unfortunately there is no substantial evidence of a crime being committed and therefore we will not be filing charges," sooner than they will notify your husband, if ever.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Kevin M. Rogers Law Offices
2399 S. Orchard St.
Ste. 204
Boise, ID 83705
Cell: (208) 805-9880
Fax: (208) 693-8824