Kurt helps organizations, companies, and law firms resolve complex litigation problems. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in trial and appellate courts, both directly and by consulting with lawyers or associating with them on cases.
Kurt is unique among Georgia trial lawyers in that he has significant experience guiding clients through government investigations, defending related civil litigation, and bringing pre-enforcement and other expedited challenges to laws, regulations, and agency decisions that pose imminent threats to his clients’ interests. He has particular expertise in securities litigation, administrative law, class actions, antitrust, Indian law, and all aspects of the environment, energy, and natural resources.
Kurt is an experienced appellate litigator, having represented clients before the United States Supreme Court, every circuit of the United States Courts of Appeal, and many state courts.
Kurt was selected as a "Rising Star" in the 2013-2017 editions of Washington DC Super Lawyers.
- Emory University
- Honors: Henry L. Bowden Scholarship; Order of the Coif; Paul Bryan Prize; Henry Quillian Prize; Top oralist in school-wide moot court competition; Emory Public Interest Committee Outstanding 3L
- Activities: Executive Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal; Adjunct Editor, New York University Journal of Law & Liberty
- Emory University
- Wilmer, Cutler, Pickering, Hale, and Dorr LLP
- Appellate Attorney
- United States Department of Justice
- King & Spalding
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Ed E. Carnes
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- 4th Circuit
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- 7th Circuit
- 9th Circuit
- 10th Circuit
- 11th Circuit
- D.C. Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Georgia Middle District Court
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Environmental Law
- Antitrust Law
- Personal Injury
- Civil Rights