Lara Gardner is one of the founding attorneys of the Columbia River Law Group. She represents consumer and small business debtors in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
Lara has been an attorney since 2003, focusing exclusively on consumer bankruptcy. Lara was a member of the Oregon State Bar Consumer Law committee for two years. She has spoken at several CLEs on bankruptcy, and has published articles on consumer bankruptcy. She is a member of the Debtor-Creditor section of the Oregon State Bar and the Washington State Bar, and she volunteers at the Pro Bono Bankruptcy Clinic.
Lara earned her B.A. with Honors in English from the University of Oregon in 1998, and her J.D. from Lewis and Clark Law School in 2003. As a law student, Lara published three law review articles. She also interned at the law school’s low-income legal clinic handling bankruptcy, consumer, and landlord-tenant cases. Lara is admitted to the Oregon State Bar, the U.S. Court, District of Oregon, the Washington State Bar, and the U.S. Court, Western District of Washington.
Lara teaches at the University of Oregon in the undergraduate law program.
Lara writes articles for various publications. She enjoys riding sport horses, reading, running, and spending time with her two lovely daughters.
U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington
Oregon Supreme Court
Oregon Court of Appeals
Oregon Circuit Courts
Washington Supreme Court
Washington Court of Appeals
Washington Superior Courts
Washington District Courts
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- J.D. (2003)
- Columbia River Law Group
- - Current
- Pro Tem Professor
- University of Oregon
- Todd Trierweiler & Associates
- A Dubious Designation: How one Simple Label Legitimizes Human Rights Abuse
- 14 International Legal Perspectives 16
- State Employers are not Sovereign: By Analogy, Transfer the Market Participant Exception to the Dormant Commerce Clause to States as Employers
- 79 Chicago-Kent Law Review 725
- A Step Towards True Equality in the Workplace: Requiring Employer Accommodation of Breastfeeding Women
- 17 Wisconsin Women’s Law Journal 259
- Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Portland, Oregon
- Washington State Bar # 42443
- - Current
- Oregon State Bar # 033206
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I do not require all fees up front to file and have flexible payment plans.
- English: Spoken, Written