Lauren Rucinski is an associate in the Baton Rouge office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2016 and practices in the environmental law and intellectual property group.
Lauren helps clients understand which environmental regulations apply to new facilities and processes. Her practice focuses on permitting, compliance, litigation and transactional issues, as well as rulemaking efforts at both the state and federal level. She advises a wide range of clients including petrochemical facilities, oil refineries, natural gas terminals, glass manufacturers, and commodity processing plants.
Lauren helps clients protect and maximize the value of their businesses' intellectual property by advising them on all aspects of patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, and unfair competition law. She is a registered Patent Attorney who concentrated her practice on patent prosecution, opinions, licensing and counseling services. Her work spans a wide range of technical areas, including mechanical inventions, computer software, construction materials, and compositions of matter.
Lauren combines her legal experience with her background in Aerospace Engineering and Ocean Engineering to further the Intellectual Property interests of her clients. She is licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Lauren earned her B.S. in Aerospace Engineering and Ocean Engineering with a minor in Green Engineering from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 2013. She earned her J.D./D.C.L., magna cum laude, from the LSU Law Center in 2016, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif, the Louisiana Law Review, and the Civil Mediation Clinic. Lauren also served as the President of the Public Interest Law Society and received the Louisiana State Bar Association's 2016 Law Student Pro Bono Award.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University
- J.D./D.C.L. (2016)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- B.S. (2013)
- Kean Miller LLP
- - Current
- Law Clerk 2014-2015
- Summer Associate
- Vinson & Elkins
- Judicial Intern for Justice Harvey Brown
- Texas First Court of Appeals
- EPA Approves Emergency Fuel Waiver for Areas in Louisiana in Response to Hurricane Harvey, Louisiana Law Blog, August 30, 2017
- How to Avoid Losing Your Rights to the "Work for Hire Doctrine", New Orleans Canvas Magazine, January 1, 2018
- Much Ado About Patents, Baton Rouge Lawyer Magazine, June 2018
- Net Neutrality Repealed: What it Means for Business, Louisiana Law Blog, December 15, 2017
- Offensive Trademarks and Protected Under the First Amendment, IntellectualProperty.Law, June 23, 2017
- Putting the House Back Together Again: The Scope of Copyright Protection for Architectural Works, 76 La. L. Rev. (2015)
- Pipeline Permitting and Litigation Roundup, Kean Miller Environmental CLE, Houston, Texas, September 14, 2018
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana Air & Waste Management Association
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 5th Circuit
- United States Federal Court for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- Environmental Law
- Lauren J. Rucinski's Website Profile
- Kean Miller LLP Website
- Louisiana Law Blog