I always knew I would be an attorney because my uncle was a prosecutor and then a successful defense attorney and I wanted to do what he did. I graduated Cum Laude from the State University of New York at Stony Brook in 1998 and I started Seton Hall University School of Law at Newark, New Jersey the fall of that same year. I attended law school part time, however, because I also worked a full time job at a law firm in Elizabeth, New Jersey from which it was an easy 15 minute commute to my night classes. That was my life for four years until I graduated Seton Hall in 2002 and immediately hung my shingles. I never worked for anyone as a practicing attorney, except my clients of course. After all, I did everything an attorney does at the firm I worked at while attending law school for four years, except representing clients in court. Still, I accompanied the attorneys I worked for plenty of times on the cases I worked on, filed motions, briefs, etc… When I got my license to practice, I was ready to go out on my own. I was 26 years old. My four years working and studying gave me the confidence and knowledge to take such a leap of faith at such a young age.
I am still working for myself as a practicing attorney to this day representing clients in court charged with various criminal, drunk driving and traffic offenses.
- Seton Hall University School of Law
- State University of New York - Stony Brook
- B.A. (1998) | History and Political Science
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Intramural Basketball and President of Alpha Epsilon Pi Iolta Delta Chapter Senior Year of College
- Attorney / Founder
- Law Office of Leon Matchin LLC
- Municipal Court Trial Attorney
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Municipal Court Trial Attorney
- Internship, Business Law Class, Rutgers University
- Rutgers University Business Law Class
- Spoke before an intern's business law class at his university. The intern interned for me during his last semester of college.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as Municipal Court Trial Attorney
- Supreme Court of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar # 000062002
- - Current
- New Jersey
- 3rd Circuit
- Free Consultation
I meet with clients for 30 minutes at no charge to the client.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.
- Traffic Tickets
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- English: Spoken, Written