Free Consultation: (973) 798-6131Tap to Call This Lawyer
Leonard R. Boyer

Leonard R. Boyer

Aggressive Effective Passionate Representation
  • Foreclosure Defense, Bankruptcy, Divorce ...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Although my firm practices in several different fields of law, my expertise is primarily in Mortgage Foreclosure Defense,Divorce & Family Law, Bankruptcy, and Mortgage loan modification. In terms of divorce law, I have a unique prospective from both my personal and professional experience that few other attorneys can match. To me, each case is personal, each client is a person, never just a file number.

New York Law School
J.D. (1982) | Law
Completed 3 year program in 2.5 years.
New York Law School Logo
State University of New York - Buffalo
B.A. (1978) | Political Science & Psychology
State University of New York - Buffalo Logo
Professional Experience
New Jersey State Bar Association
Professional Associations
New Jersey State Bar  # 010241984
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
3rd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 min consultation on all non-immigration matters. If an extensive meeting is required, any consultation fee would be deducted from the retainer, when you retain. The consultation fee for Immigration matters is $200.00. If you retain my firm to represent you, the consultation fee will be deducted.
  • Contingent Fees
    Hybrid flat fee and contingent fees are available only for Surplus Funds cases, where the funds are held by the State Court. Also foreclosure of mechanic liens (where there is no dispute about the validity of the lien).
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly rates range from $400 to $600 per hour. State Court trial matters range from $400 to $550. per hour. Federal Court (except for Bankruptcy Court matters) are $600.00 per hour. Payments must be made by a retainer and an hourly rate after that. Payment must be in cash, check or Zelle transfer or wire transfer.
Practice Areas
    Foreclosure Defense
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Estate,Trust and Asset Protection
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. How to dismiss, etc. false allegations of spousal abuse & harassment? TRO dismissed now civil restraints, took daughter
A: Your question does not clearly state whether this matter is a MD or NJ matter. I cannot speak to MD law, but if this is a NJ matter, you would need to retain an experienced matrimonial attorney to file an enforcement motion for the civil restraints. In addition, especially if you are a public figure, then you should file for divorce before this matter gets any worse or lasts much longer.
Q. Can a new jersey public school rescind my job offer as a substitute per diem teacher due to a positive thc drug test?
A: Yes, just because certain drugs are taken by prescription or if they have been legalized does not mean that an employer has to hire you. I do not believe that they are required to indicate what drug or if that makes any difference whatsoever. Good luck and try some place else.
Q. Can a debtor collect on previous debt that was discharged?
A: Any attempt to collect on a debt discharged in bankruptcy can be dealt with by a letter from an experienced bankruptcy attorney warning the creditor to "Cease & Desist" or a contempt motion will be filed with the Bankruptcy Court. Good luck.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
Contact & Map
Boyer Coffy, LLC---Main Office
1000 Clifton Ave
Suite 200
Clifton, NJ 07013
Telephone: (973) 798-6131
Cell: (201) 675-5577
Fax: (201) 503-8150
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
4400 U.S. Route 9 South
Suite 1000
Freehold, NJ 07728
Boyer Coffy, LLC.
197 State Route 18 South
Suite 3000
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Telephone: (973) 798-6131
Cell: (201) 675-5577
Fax: (201) 503-8150