Free Consultation: (954) 315-2556Tap to Call This Lawyer
Linda Liang

Linda Liang

Free Initial Consultation
  • Business Law, Immigration Law, Trademarks ...
  • California, Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Providing general counsel services to small business owners, including legal matters pertinent to daily business operation. From contracts, employment, intellectual property, and trademarks to customs, international trade and business immigration, we have you covered.

We have successfully handled hundreds of business matters. Hiring an outside general counsel can help you minimize costs and risks.

We also speak Chinese and can help you expand your business horizons in the Pacific Rim if that is of interest.

Contact us today for a free consultation!

Utah State University
MBA (2002)
Utah State University Logo
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Linda Liang and Associates
- Current
Certified Family Law Mediator
17th Circuit Broward County Florida
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
The Florida Bar
ID Number: FL
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    I give free phone consultation. If there is need for in person consultation, the fee will be $150 and will be waived from legal service fee once our firm is hired.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
    Intellectual Property
    International Law
    Human Rights, Imports & Exports
    Tax Law
    Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
  • Chinese
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. I want to know how to put the correct biological father on my daughter's birth certificate. What forms do i need?
A: To add the father's name to the birth certificate, the parents can complete The Affirmation of Common Child(ren) Born in Florida form (DH-743A) or provide a written statement under oath to the Clerk of Court when they apply for their marriage license.
Q. My business name has been trademarked by someone else. I sell clothing, they are a record brand. Can I keep my bus. name
A: Your business name is not necessarily your trademark. Even if it is, it is not confusingly similar to theirs. So you can still register it as your trademark. Confusingly similar means that consumers would not assume that the clothing you are selling is from them because the record industry is distinct, not related to clothing. However, you would be better off conducting a thorough research to be sure. Hire an attorney if you are not familiar with trademark law.
Q. Our daughter in law borrowed our car and totaled it. There was no collision coverage. The tow company is coming after us
A: A car owner is strictly vicariously liable if the driver's negligence causes your damages in a Florida crash. This law is called the dangerous instrumentality doctrine. You could also be held liable for negligent entrusting your vehicle, if your daughter is in no good condition to drive a car and you knew it.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Business Immigration
Contact & Map
Boca Office
2255 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Toll-Free: (954) 315-2556
Telephone: (954) 892-5517
Cell: (954) 608-2601
Fax: (866) 920-7859
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)
Linda Liang & Associates
8201 Peters Road Suite 1000
Plantation, FL 33324
Telephone: (954) 892-5517 Ext. 8925517