Free Consultation: (651) 288-2844Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lisa Watson Cyr

Lisa Watson Cyr

Bowden Cyr, PLLC
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Lisa Watson Cyr has devoted her practice to the area of Divorce and Family Law since being admitted to the Minnesota Bar in 1998. Her experience and depth of knowledge ensure that her clients receive the highest quality of representation in dealing with all aspects of family law matters including divorce, custody, parenting time, child support, marital and non-marital property, alimony, and paternity. She is an effective negotiator and skilled litigator, always keeping the best interests of her clients as her sole focus. Although Lisa believes her clients are best served by a negotiated settlement and strives to settle matters through mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, she is an experienced litigator who has successfully represented hundreds of clients in court. Lisa has been a guest lecturer at the Family Law Institute. She has been selected to the list of Super Lawyers for the years 2015, 2016, & 2017. In addition, Lisa has been selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America for the years 2016, 2017 & 2018. She is also AV Preeminent peer review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest available rating. Her clients appreciate her commitment to helping families protect themselves now and into the future. *AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.

William Mitchell College of Law
J.D. (1995) | Juris Doctorate
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
William Mitchell College of Law Logo
University of Minnesota - Duluth
B.A. (1995) | Criminology/Political Science/Sociology
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Attorney/Managing Partner
Bowden Cyr, PLLC
- Current
McCullough, Bowden & Cyr, PA
Associate Attorney
Olive, Taber & Owens, PA
Speaking Engagements
Spousal Maintenance, Family Law Institute, St. Paul, Minnesota
Minnesota CLE
Spousal Maintenance, Family Law Institute, St. Paul, Minnesota
Minnesota CLE
Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America
Best Lawyers in America
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2016, 2017, & 2018
Named Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Named Super Lawyer for 2015, 2016, & 2017
Professional Associations
State Bar of Minnesota  # 0288780
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Ramsey County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
8th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free half hour initial consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. When there is more than one child under the support order, does it modify automaticallywhen one of the children turn 18?
A: If the child support order does not provide a specific amount for each child, then upon the emancipation of each child the child support obligor must bring a motion to modify the child support on the basis of emancipation of a child pursuant to Minn. Stat. 518A.39, Subd. 5(c).
Q. I want to go back to my mother
A: You need to talk with your parents as to your reasons for wanting a change in the time you spend with each of them.
Q. What if my sons father is not following our stipulation agreement? Child support, his portion of expenses, etc....
A: If your son's father is not paying his court-ordered child support, you have a few options. If he is working, you may want to apply for income withholding services through the appropriate county. You also have the option to bring a motion seeking to have your son's father held in contempt for non-payment of support.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Bowden Cyr, PLLC
7825 - 3rd Street N.
Suite 204
Oakdale, MN 55128
Telephone: (651) 288-2844